Calories burned during BB "Strenthen and Condition"

Options
Hello.

I was wondering if a reading of 545 calories burned during a 40 minute workout to Brooke Burke's Strengthen and Condition seemed out of the ordinary? I am using a hrm and was shocked at the end reading. I am 5 4' and just at 122 lbs - I've lost about 13lbs now. I was sweating and out of breath...but honestly didnt think I would end up with this kind of reading. I have done this dvd workout plenty of times up until December, and have now started 30 Day Shred. I decided to do this today just because I was feeling sluggish and bored with the 30ds. I start Level 2 od 30DS tomorrow!

Anyway, what I am asking is...does this reading seem out of the ordinary and has anyone else worked out to this dvd and had similar readings? I want to know if I should trust this and enter it into MFP.

Replies

• amy_wills
    amy_wills Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have never done that DVD, but it is perfectly conceivable to burn that much, especially since you say you were out of breath -- meaning that you were in a constant 'cardio' state for 40 minutes. Usually 40 mintues of cardio burns 100 calories per 10 minutes....and you added weights....so yeah, you could burn 545 calories if you were working your *kitten* off!! LOL It does seem like a lot, but if you were putting in the work (and it sounds like you were), then it must be right. Ive never known a HRM to be wrong...
  • amy_wills
    amy_wills Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh wait, did you adjust the settings of the HRM for your 13 lb loss? That would make a difference!! You would burn less calories if you were lighter than you were before....
  • Momiofour
    Momiofour Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy! Yes, I used 3 lb weights and could barely hold it together. This workout is harder than 30ds with the burning sensation but has less cardio than 30ds. I guess I will just log it as it says. I am going to trust it because even now as I am typing my hands and arms are shaking! Now I remember why I stopped doing this workout!!!!!!
  • Momiofour
    Momiofour Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Oh and yes, I entered my new weight.