A True Heart Attack on a Plate

Options
PoeRaven
PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
Ok, so...I've been doing this since January 4th and reached my goal of 30lbs loss yesterday. YAY!
Today, my family is all here for the weekend and my hubby has to leave on a business trip tomorrow (Mother's Day).
Everyone wants my "killer" homemade lasagne, which I have not made for months and months...so yesterday, I went to the store and purchased all the ingredients. I opted for a few "lighter" things like ground turkey and low fat ricotta...etc.
I decided to figure out just how bad this puppy is going to be so I recorded each and every ingredient and plugged it all into a recipe generator at sparkpeople.com.
No surprise....my yummy lasagne has over 8,000 calories and 380 grams of fat in the entire thing! it serves 12 so when I broke it down it's 677 calories and 31.7 grams of fat per serving. I ate an incrediibly light breakfast and lunch and have not snacked all day.
By golly I'm having some...LOL

Replies

• Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Congratulations on reaching your goal! I am sure your lasagna was delicious! Hope you family enjoyed the new lighter version! Can you imagine what the original version must have been? Good luck on your maintenance now that you are at goal!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Good job!! Hitting your goal AND eating lasagna -- sounds like the perfect preface to Mother's Day. :happy:

Mmmm....lasagna.... the forbidden food....
  • binkyb00
    binkyb00 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I haven't touched lasagna since last year! Last night I was so tempted to eat one. It's called eggplant lasagna, but I controlled myself and just got a tea latte which I regretted because it tasted like soap...the one they made anyway.
  • slsoenen
    slsoenen Posts: 3
    Options
    Good for you! I firmly believe that you can't deny yourself all guilty pleasures or that is setting yourself up for failure. So good for you for planning ahead and figuring our how much you could eat. As long as it is just one day, it shouldn't hurt you. When I started this program in January, I simply started asking myself, "Is it worth it?" So now each time I eat something that is what I ask myself and sometimes that mini chocolate bar is worth it. That lasagna is most definitely worth it. ENJOY it! sounds fabulous and thanks for the website link. That is fabulous
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Care to share the recipe??? Perhaps some of us would like to try it too, and maybe can help you "lighten" the recipe a little more for the future.
    :smile:
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Wow! You can still enjoy the things you love...thats the main point about a lifestyle change rather than a diet! I had a mcdonalds today (I know...terrible) but I had been wallpapering my mother in law (to be's) flat for the past few days and had neglected my calorie intake...I enjoyed every single bit of it..although I am suffering now! But I know that this will not affect my life in any way (it was a one off and tomorrow I'll be back to healthy eating)

You MUST enjoy life and the food that tastes so good...and I am so inspired in the way you recorded everything and have saved your calories tonight!

I bet it was delicious! x
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Portion control. That is what it is all about. The big difference in my life is that before I would have divided it into 4 servings :laugh:
  • debhayes
    debhayes Posts: 14
    Options
    Yum-Yum!!:tongue: I love your lasagna. Are you using whole grain noodles?? I sure it will be great!!:heart:
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words...The lasagne was delicious and I do not feel one bit guilty for eating it...only full.
    I have found through this journey that I can still indulge on occasion without blowing it. It's all a mindset...
    :drinker: