Yet more calories/TDEE help thanks.

Options
MorgueBabe
MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
So i got this
"Weights based on % Body Fat:
Your Current Estimated Lean Body Mass is: 106

Method 1 - Lossy (see below)
At your Preferred Body Fat of 15%, your weight would be 122.

Method 2 - Lossless (see below)
At your Preferred Body Fat of 15%, your weight would be 124.
Caloric Need:
Estimated Base BMR: 1412 Calories.
Estimated TDEE: 2189 Calories.
Estimated Daily Caloric Need For Weight Loss: 1689 Calories."

I had already set my MFP calorie goal to 1400. I normally eat around 1700. Because of my exercise.

I am doing that right?

Replies

• jgrode1984
    Options
    Sounds about right. Your body fat % goal is a little low, I think the recommended lowest is 21 or 22% for women. But if that's what you want, your calculations look good. Remember, that if you customize mfp to the 1700 goal, you won't need to neccessarily eat back all those cals from exercise. Mfp automatically generates the deficit, so just make sure you net the calories you aim for and don't look at the daily goal number.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    No. A TDEE includes exercise (or it should have when you were entering your activity information). If that's the case you should change your diary to what it says and NOT eat exercise calories (because essentially, you're "eating them back" over a week's time when you eat a stagnant amount daily. If you didn't include exercise activity though when you entered your info then what you said sounds right.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I have my MFP calorie goal set to 1400, I typically eat around 1700 (I eat my calories burned). That's correct with this estimation right?

I guessed on the starting and ending body fat %, I'm going to have to play it by ear. How do I know my body fat % with out a little monitor or gym membership to have them test it?

Edit: I picked my exercise level as moderate? I work out 6 times a week, and walk my dogs multiple times in the day.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    So, if you picked your exercise level as moderate, that's calculated into your TDEE number- meaning it doesn't work like MFP where they underestimate and expect you to eat back all the exercise calories. If I were you, I'd change your diary to 1700 and shoot to be below that everyday and NOT log your exercise. Or, if you want to log it for newsfeed purposes you can just manually type it to your newsfeed as a status update. That's what I do- I eat what my BMF tells me to because it's telling me my TDEE (which already includes exercise cals) and I manually type my exercise as a status update. After making this change you'll likely need to be patient and give your body a month or so to adjust and try not to get upset if the scale goes up a little at first, it'll drop back off as long as you're consistent with your calorie intake and exercise level!

Oh, and the BF% you can't know for sure unless you go to a gym and ask someone to measure it with calipers. There are online calculator estimates though. At least that'd give you an idea.