Mustard or Mayo?

Options
binkyb00
binkyb00 Posts: 81 Member
Hey guys I'm not a mayo fan, but I do love mustard. I eat a lot of tuna sandwich for lunch, and I usually mix the tuna with mayo. Well one day I runned out of mayo, so I decided to put mustard instead. I loved it! It tasted better than mayo and it has 0 calories, but is that true? It sounds to good to be true because it tasted sooooo good.

Replies

• TJ26
    TJ26 Posts: 35
    Options
    My bottle I have in the fridge says no calories either and thanks for the idea!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I eat mustard on my wraps and sammies and dip fries in reg mustard instead of honey mustard too, much healthier :)
  • lovemykids661
    Options
    just watch out for sodium
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    At any given time I have 3-5 different kinds of mustard in my fridge. It's my favorite condiment
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I'll typically put a little mustard in my tuna salad for taste, but mostly use mayo- although, I don't often eat tuna salad. (or mayo in general) I use Hellman's low fat mayo because it's only 15 calories per tablespoon.
  • Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I make my tuna salad with sugarfree pickle relish. Very yummy! No Mayo at all...
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I hate mustard...yuck...but I use cains fat free mayo which is only 15 calories so it's not too bad.

(relish sounds awesome! I'll have to try that, but WITH the fat free mayo!):laugh:
  • MomBo
    MomBo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If you want a good low-cal marinate ...mix white vinegar, mustard (brown is good), sugar sub and fresh ground pepper (you can add olive oil as well).. put it over a container of canned green beans and sliced red onions.. shake up... refrigerate....makes a good "sweet/spicy" side dish. Mixing mustard with fat free salad dressing or mayo improves it a lot!!
  • hynzie
    hynzie Posts: 2
    Options
    Actually, some studies on spicy Mustards, have shown to help boost Metabolism as much as 25% for a few hrs.
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I used both mustard and mayo in my tuna.
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mustard but for some strange reason never thought of putting it in my tuna sammich!

thanks for the tip. even though it wasn't purposeful :flowerforyou:
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Spicy mustard (brown) has a whopping 5 cals! LOL I add mustard and a tbl spoon nonfat plain greek style yogurt and a squirt of fresh lemon. YUMMM!
  • smae1980
    Options
    Spicy mustard (brown) has a whopping 5 cals! LOL I add mustard and a tbl spoon nonfat plain greek style yogurt and a squirt of fresh lemon. YUMMM!

I don't eat tuna, but that sounds like a good dressing for other things like mac salad or potato salad too. Gonna try it!! I love vegan mayo, too it has a much more tart flavor than traditional mayo and only 35 cal per serving (1TBSP)
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    Options

I don't eat tuna, but that sounds like a good dressing for other things like mac salad or potato salad too. Gonna try it!! I love vegan mayo, too it has a much more tart flavor than traditional mayo and only 35 cal per serving (1TBSP)

Are you vegan? If not, the above is great with salmon too :) (trader joes sells canned salmon)
  • smae1980
    Options

Are you vegan? If not, the above is great with salmon too :) (trader joes sells canned salmon)

Not vegan, but lacto ovo vegetarian, so no fish either. I just prefer the taste of vegan mayo to regular.. Also I don't know of any Trader Joe's in NY state and I wish there was cause that store sounds awesome!! We have Wegmans, though which is a VERY well stocked supermarket. They have a great organic produce and natural/vegetarian section in their stores
  • bakaboy2000
    Options
    I like to take a couple of hard boiled eggs, toss one of the yolks and mash them all up, add a big squirt of mustard and a teaspoon full of low fat mayo and put it on some bread. That makes a yummy lunch.

I am diggin the mustard.
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    Options

Not vegan, but lacto ovo vegetarian, so no fish either. I just prefer the taste of vegan mayo to regular.. Also I don't know of any Trader Joe's in NY state and I wish there was cause that store sounds awesome!! We have Wegmans, though which is a VERY well stocked supermarket. They have a great organic produce and natural/vegetarian section in their stores

:) I don't know what I'd do with out Trader Joe's. LOL I do 90% of my shopping there. Right next door to my Trader Joes is a store called Real Produce. They have only local and mostly organic produce. Love it! I've been to a wegmans before, it seemed to be like a cross between Nob Hill and Whole Foods. Anyway, back to topic :blushing:. I don't eat mayo, but I wonder if I can swap this out and fool my daughter!