Superbowl Appetizers??

Options
Aross83
Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
So i need to bring something to a friends house for Superbowl Sunday..

What is everyone Making? Looking for some different idea.. I think i am making wings so far..

Replies

• Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    wow no one has anything...
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    You can always buy a couple of Burritos from a Mexican place and slice them up in small pieces!!!! burrito bites!!!!!
  • kjmaendl
    kjmaendl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can take a vegetable try and backed chips, add a low fat dip to it and you then offer a healthy alternative for everyone. If you do take wings, bake them in the oven and uses a dry rub on them. This makes them a bit healthier than frying or smothered in sauce, and they are still good tasting.
  • greenlizardfreak
    greenlizardfreak Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com

i use Gina's website religiously! last year I made the mozzarella cheese sticks no one knew they were healthy. i also made the baked zucchini sticks & marinara sauce. they have a whole section dedicated to football foods! Let me know which one you go with and if your friends could tell it was healthy food!
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    deviled eggs
  • capnlizard
    capnlizard Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Black bean and sweet potato chili. Super yummy, lots of fiber, and can be served either in a bowl just as chili or over oven fries, hot dogs, chopped veggies, or in a tortilla bowl.
  • AliciaKayeLansford
    Options
    So this is absolutely not MFP quality food, but I'm seriously doing ball park nachos. Canned cheese and all! =)
  • kelleyannclemons
    kelleyannclemons Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I make a cottage cheese dip that I love to dip sliced carrots in.

1 container 1% cottage cheese (not the small one). I think it might be 16 oz.
    1 8 oz block 1/3 fat cream cheese.
    1/8 to 1/4 cup finely minced onion (depends on how much onion you like)
    a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce
    Salt to taste
  • tiffanyheth
    tiffanyheth Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I have to work...but if I was cooking it would be boneless baked buffalo chicken (coated in panko).

I'd also do pickles wrapped in thin sliced ham.
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Black bean and sweet potato chili. Super yummy, lots of fiber, and can be served either in a bowl just as chili or over oven fries, hot dogs, chopped veggies, or in a tortilla bowl.

Oooohhh, recipe please.
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Search out zucchini bites on here. Awesome, also try the curried cauliflower suggestion, same post.

Enjoy /endure the game - depending on your loyalties.
    :wink:
  • kookanddra
    Options
    My husband & I usually have the super bowl party at our house and if people come, great. Our "food court" consists of 7 layer bean dip, 3 kinds of wings, 2 kinds of little smokies, non sloppy sloppy joes, meat and cheese tray, veggie tray, 2 kinds of chips and 2 kinds of dip and a chili cheese dip with tortilla chips.
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    from Skinny Taste: Asian Turkey Meatballs with Lime Sesame Dipping Sauce 229 cals per serving
    Hot and Spicy Buffalo Shrimp Dip 120 cal for 1/3 of a cup
    Skinny Taste has yummy recipes
  • dawn1801
    dawn1801 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GreenWurst
    Options
    make chicken lips instead of wings...use random pieces of chicken breast...bake and toss with a healthy sauce
  • ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    See as football is a holiday in this house we make it a cheat day...so crack smokies, corndog muffins, sausage cheddar balls, nachos and strawberry kabobs ♡♡♡♡ so excited!!
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    I saw this today, and it looks yummy... Maybe even with chicken...

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/01/hot-and-spicy-buffalo-shrimp-dip.html

Hot and Spicy Buffalo Shrimp Dip

Servings: 9 • Serving Size: 1/3 cup • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 3 pts
    Calories: 120 • Fat: 7 g • Carbs: 2 g • Fiber: 0 g • Protein: 13 g • Sugar: 0.9 g
    Sodium: 672 mg
  • kayla554
    kayla554 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for something healthy or really yummy?
    I am making pizza dip served with scoops and it is sooo good! Not that low cal or healthy but who cares it's super bowl sunday...indulge a little.

Here is the recipe trust me it will be gone so fast everyone loves it!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/hot-pizza-dip/detail.aspx
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I'm not making an appetizer, but i will be making a dessert.

Nutella pie that is.....................
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I just posted this on my fitness page on FB...there's 20 here and I haven't met a recipe of hers yet that I didn't totally love!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/01/top-20-skinny-superbowl-roundup.html