I'm almost there!

Options
Hello! I am a 48 year old mother of 17 children. Ten of which were born biologically, seven adopted. I also have five grandchildren. Three years ago after seeing a picture of myself with my oldest grandchild, I was completely disgusted with myself. I joined Weight Watchers and had a little success, but it was taking a lot longer than most of my WW companions. When my 45 year old brother got cancer, I had a huge reality check; I started researching cancer prevention and decided to change my whole family's eating habits. We started eating fresh fruits and vegetables, stopped eating sugar, candy, and sodas, and also started exercising. I lost 40 pounds! I was ecstatic and felt better than I had in 15 years! Since then, I have gained 10 pounds back (it's typical during the long winters in MN) and joined Fitness Pal in order to lose them again. I would like to reach my goal once and for all, since I never did reach it with Weight Watchers. I came within five pounds of my goal. I am excited to get to know some of you and am glad to be here!

Replies

• amk44
    amk44 Posts: 159
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic post! Welcome. Lots of really great people here to support you...
  • Destined
    Destined Posts: 116
    Options
    Welcome!!!Welcome and happy mother's day to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • PecanTan
    PecanTan Posts: 47
    Options
    First of a I would like to welcome you, I think that you will really like it here there are a lot of well informed people here that love to help and also give support to others. I would also like to wish you a very very Happy Mother"s Day!:flowerforyou:
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP site. It is a wonderful site, lots of great advise, and plenty of Motivation and Inspiration. It has been a blessing for me. Enjoy and Welcome.:flowerforyou:
  • lilykarger
    lilykarger Posts: 25
    Options
    17 kids!?!? you are my hero!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!