Green Tea

Options
2»

Replies

• NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Adding honey (sugar) is not a good plan especially if your reason for drinking the green tea in the first place is to LOSE weight. Don't bother with anything that promises to speed up your metabolism or increase fat loss or whatever. Stick to proven methods. Diet and exercise. They work best.
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    I love green tea but I have drank it while packing on the pounds so doubt it's a great weight loss tool :laugh:
    It does have antioxidants and you have to get a good brand, loose leaf. If you're letting it "steep" too long, you could be making the tea more bitter.
    You can use the used teabags on your eyes to reduce undereye circles.

Just a reminder, with any tea, the caffeine values can be higher than your cup-o-joe. Caution that you don't mistake a caffeine buzz with a "metabolic stimulant" :wink:
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    upCNtsX.gif

This just blew my mind.

This is messing with my head! LOL…

I make my own blend and used loose green tea (sen cha, I think), and dried mint leaves with some cinnamon stick broken up into it. I don’t let it steep too terribly long, tho, because it gets bitter. Once I figured it out? LOVE IT!
  • amcoltlghgirl
    Options
    I don't really know if green tea helps. I do know that hibiscus tea is really good for you. It helps to burn fat, and I think it also helps to reduce high blood pressure. It has a really great taste. If you like starbucks, you can try the very berry hibiscus tea.
  • Lilith5
    Lilith5 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I tried it and don't like it :frown: wish I did.
    Supposed to boost metabolism, suppress appetite.
  • GNeiswender
    GNeiswender Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I like green tea - I don't know if it helps with weigh loss or not, I like the name brand Twinglings, they have K-cups for my Keurig - I've tried other brands and didn't care for them as much. Maybe you could try another brand and you would like it.

I've done the honey thing and even though it taste good it is calories I would prefer to spend on real food.
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea daily. I have never heard that it does anything for weightloss, but I would imagine it probably has diuretic properties. Might show a scale loss, but it wouldn't be a real loss. Can you tell us your source for a claim of weight loss properties for Green Tea?

One study I found about the effects of green tea on weight loss calls it "clinically insignificant". Here is the link:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23235664

However, Green Tea has major health benefits, including the ability to block the development of the rapid building of new blood vessels that cancer needs in order to spread. Here is an abstract of one of numerous studies about it in the PubMed Database:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21466438

It took some time to get used to the taste of green tea. You might want to try mixing it with something else. A bit of peeled gingeroot is good, and ginger also has great health benefits. Peppermint leaves would probably be another good addition.

There are no doubt other healthy teas out there, if you can't devlelop a taste for green tea. I would try to find organic teas, as I have heard that commercially produced teas are pretty heavily treated with pesticides. I drink Sencha Organic Green Tea from Eden Organics.
  • alowry007
    alowry007 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • tamikia87
    tamikia87 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've tried green tea, I know several people that has lost drinking it! I can't stomach it though, I think it's really gross tasting... Sis started drinking it the begining of December, hasn't added any exercise or ate any differently and lost 12 pounds, she drinks 2 to 4 cups of it a day, and buys a good quality! If you try it let us all know how it works for you!
  • johnsonmartha
    Options
    If you don't like it, I think there are many other ways to lose weight. Even a limited amount of black coffee can help you lose weight I think. And hopefully you like coffee more than green tea. Well whichever you choose you can find a wide variety at http://www.dailycuppacoffee.com . They even have green tea mints that you might like more.
  • gypy
    gypy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You can always use Green Tea Extract if taste is an issue, you can pick it up in capsules pretty cheap.
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Green Tea Extract is in most supplement for weight loss. I drink green tea with Lemon (lots of lemon). Not a fan of the taste but I dont do it for pleasure, but for my body.