New Here!

Options
Hello everyone! Just started two days ago and would love if some of you could look at my diary and give me some pointers. I feel like I'm on the right track, I just need to get in the swing of things. Thank you!

Replies

• bkknauer
    Options
    hi,
    I don't normally comment on other peoples food choices since everyday is a battle for me. I have had successful weight loss (170lbs) and joined my fitness pal like 2 weeks ago. However since you are asking for help my suggestions are
    -dont drink your calories like the apple juice drink. I drink only water, smart water and vitamin water.
    -if you must eat bread which i almost never do eat whole grain bread
    -switch your peanut butter to fresh ground like at sprouts market -commercial peanut butter is horrible for you and has a lot of nasty stuff in it
    -bump up your protein count if you can i aim to eat over 70 grams a day
    hope this helps and good luck!
  • unbeknownst
    unbeknownst Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I really echo the whole "don't drink your calories" comment. I drink only water, tea, and sometimes a diet soda (I know diet sodas are horrible for you in a completely different way, but I can't resist).

I switched from eating pita chips with hummus to eating baby carrots with hummus. Just as tasty! Making simple substitutions like this is an easy way to get your caloric intake down.

Treat yourself. Once a week, I get the steak special at the gourmet grocery store and cook it at home. It's a lean cut, it feels completely decadent, and I'm satisfied for a few days afterwards!

Eat a salad a day. I'm lucky because I actually think salads are really tasty. My guilty pleasures are dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and maybe some freshly grated Parmesan Reggiano cheese.
  • Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    No breakfast? Also seems like 800 calories is a bit too low and of course you need more water.
  • froggiggers
    Options
    Thank you all for the great input!
  • froggiggers
    Options
    Also, I have not been sleeping well at night so I am sleeping in and my "breakfast" has really been lunch. :/