After cheat day plan

Options
I have heard several people talking about their cheat days and how they handle the aftermath. Are there certain foods you use to get back on track or to speed up undoing any damage done. I have heard a lot of theories on this but not sure what to think. Just curious.

Replies

• 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people I've heard are doing just cheat meals to help not get too out of hand. And so many people count their week calories not their daily calories so if you go over one day you just balance it out for the other days. Plus, you can always exercise to burn off any extra calories you ate.
  • ahansonmpls
    Options
    In my experience, after a week of being "good" I find I don't actually eat that badly on my cheat day even though anything goes. Possibly because I've shrunken my stomach or perhaps I'm just accustomed to eating less. I still track my calories on the cheat day and they usually end up being enoughl to maintain my weight but not gain any.
  • fit4life1985
    fit4life1985 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Try fasted HIIT (High intensity Interval Training). Also, cheat meals are useful for the up-regulation of the hormone Leptin. Increased Leptin means increased metabolism. Search it up :)
  • summergirl212
    summergirl212 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Usually I only have a cheat meal but if I do have a cheat day then I just try to be a little under on the next day and I do some extra cardio for the calories that I ate. I find that the sooner that I get back on track the better I feel and I am a lot less guilty and can enjoy the food.