Raspberry Ketones?

Options
i just watched a video of Dr Oz talking about this and thought for $4.88 itd be worth a try.. anyone else used this? what were your results?
I would like to use this as an aid since there are 5 months to my wedding meaning i have 4 months to get to my wedding day goal and get my wedding dress altered..

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    You will do whatever you want I'm sure, but it is all junk....save your money, eat less, move more.
  • scm1991
    scm1991 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    true. my issue is not just my weight but a botched epidural. the catheter whatever you call it went the wrong way and pierced the muscle in the left side of my back so exercise is not just an issue for being fat but physically painful
    i just figure if itd give me some sort of boost to lift some weight off and make exercise less painful id be all for it...
    maybe ill put it on my birthday list.. so i wont waste MY money haha
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    true. my issue is not just my weight but a botched epidural. the catheter whatever you call it went the wrong way and pierced the muscle in the left side of my back so exercise is not just an issue for being fat but physically painful
    i just figure if itd give me some sort of boost to lift some weight off and make exercise less painful id be all for it...
    maybe ill put it on my birthday list.. so i wont waste MY money haha

Ouch! That sucks! I had a doc stick me 6 times trying to get it right. And he was an arrogant SOB. I think Sometimes I'm skeptical about Dr Oz and some of the things he says. But that's just me. I say do what you want. If you want to spend $5 and see if they work, why not? It's not $500. :smile: If it doesn't work, it didn't break the bank, either.
  • jmariscal3
    jmariscal3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I tried the ketones last summer when I first started my journey. Did nothing for me and were expensive. I also watched Dr. Oz and this is why I did it. Also tried Slimquick and did see a change there, but it did not last and the pills made me sick after a bit. Adjust your diet and calculate how much you should be eating daily. This will help you if you are not able to exercise more. You will save money that way.
  • kathiepike
    Options
    I just started using them about 2 wks ago. I do crossfit 4 times a week (burns about 400 ea time) and Zumba 2 times a week (also about 400 cal ea time). I eat about 1200 cal a day with a distribution of 40% carbs, 30% fat, 30% protein. I've lost 9 pounds in 2 wks and I do think it has much to do with the ketones. I haven't seen the body fat percentage move much but the pounds have been melting off. I move more, eat less AND take the ketones!
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I just started using them about 2 wks ago. I do crossfit 4 times a week (burns about 400 ea time) and Zumba 2 times a week (also about 400 cal ea time). I eat about 1200 cal a day with a distribution of 40% carbs, 30% fat, 30% protein. I've lost 9 pounds in 2 wks and I do think it has much to do with the ketones. I haven't seen the body fat percentage move much but the pounds have been melting off. I move more, eat less AND take the ketones!

I guarantee the ketones have NOTHING to do with your success.
  • likesbeer
    Options
    if it's less than five bucks, what can it hurt? aren't ketones tested for those with diabetes? I thought that word looked familiar: "phenylalanine contains phenylketonurics" on the side of every bottle of diet soda! That's not a good thing, is it? Good luck to you!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

Oh my God. You hit every single button. You are a miracle!
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    i just watched a video of Dr Oz talking about this and thought for $4.88 itd be worth a try.. anyone else used this? what were your results?
    I would like to use this as an aid since there are 5 months to my wedding meaning i have 4 months to get to my wedding day goal and get my wedding dress altered..

Although, I wish to withdraw my last statement, While I still say try it if you want to. WebMD says it's not clinically proven aid weight loss. So it probably IS a waste of moola.
  • scm1991
    scm1991 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    well i guess ill skip that then :)
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i thought ketones were bad for your body???

Ketosis?

CH3-R-CH3
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Are these some magic drug? I thought ketones were to test whether or not the body was in ketosis. Keto diets are pretty popular but I have never really looked into them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketosis
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options

You must have used blue berry ketones, when you take the raspberry ones you can sit on your *kitten* and lose weight. You don't have to do all that exercise.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Your wallet will get lighter.
  • kkaycam
    kkaycam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    why don't you just try eating raspberries?