If you know anthing about weight lifting and TDEE...

Options
Hi! So i've successfully lost 16lbs through mainly cardio and some slight weight training, more so using machines at the gym.

I'm semi happy with my body...still have fat to lose and definitely want to see more muscle definition. I have been told by a few people that my "issue" may be more dealing with body composition as opposed to weight loss.

So some of my stats...i used fat2fit bmr calculator
Your age: 24
Choose your sex:female
Your height (in inches): 62
Your CURRENT weight (in pounds): 128
Your GOAL weight (in pounds): 128
Your body fat percentage (if known): 25.2%

So it gives me this info for my bmr
Harris-Benedict Formula = 1390 calories.
Katch-McArdle Forumla... Based on the information you provided, body fat percentage of 25.2%, you have a lean body mass of 96 lbs., and your BMR is 1313 calories.
and this chart...

Sedentary (little or no exercise, desk job) = 1668
Lightly Active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/wk) = 1911
Moderately Active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/wk) = 2155
Very Active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/wk) = 2398
Extremely Active (hard daily exercise/sports & physical job or 2X day training, i.e marathon, contest etc.) = 2641

I generally work out 4-5 days a week, therefore puting me in the moderately active category. I'm also a nanny so I do more moving then a desk job, and as the weather warms up, ill gradually spend more and more time outside, running around. At home, i use p90x discs for strength and weight training, mainly because i need to follow what someone else is doing or else i get distracted and stop lifting.

So if i want to reduce bf percentage, and gain muscle and some definition, how many calories should i eat? are p90x dvd's enough to help my body composition??

In the end, I just want to make sure i'm doing it right.

Thanks for any help!!!!

Replies

• OhFitness
    OhFitness Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    your moderately active selection is ok...now just subtract 500 calories a day from that. Lastly, you'll need to get your macro ratios correct (i.e. protein, fat, carbs intake for each meal you have) . Eating a certain amount of calories isn't enough for you at this point. You'll need to focus on each macro just as much. The ratios I use are 45% carbs, 35% protein, 20%fat. It's given me a nice 6pack abs, and I don't feel a need to change up my ratios at this point. I also break my meals down into 6 meals a day. If you don't get my example below, just let me know.

Example:
    Moderately Active calories = 2155 to maintain your current weight
    2155-500 = 1655 to get to your new lower weight (you'll need to drop by 500calories or 250calories if you prefer, at each stall point or until you reach your goal)

1655 calories for the entire day gets you (using my macro ratios):
    186carbs for the entire day
    145g protein for the entire day
    37g fat for the entire day
    1655 = 276 calories at each meal (6 meals total = breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack)
    31g of carbs at each meal
    24g of protein at each meal
    6g of fat at each meal

Source:

National Academy of Science
    http://www.iom.edu/Activities/Nutrition/SummaryDRIs/~/media/Files/Activity Files/Nutrition/DRIs/5_Summary Table Tables 1-4.pdf

Harris Bennedict Formula

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/