Living life and "dieting"

Options
I sort of feel like an outcast around here, in that I do not eat all that healthy. It is particularly hard for me to do so, being that I absolutely hate almost all vegetables. Also I am not much of a cook, at all. I do eat fruit, salads, etc but not regularly. I have not changed my diet all that much in terms of what I actually eat. What I have changed is cutting out fast food and pop, and severely cut down on sweets. I'll admit alcohol is probably my biggest downfall, but luckily that is only socially for the most part! I am much more active than I have probablly been in most of my adult life also. I guess my method is what you would call a lifestyle change over an actual diet of any kind. I still eat what I want, in moderation. If I have something I really shouldn't, I simply exercise a little more, or I don't sweat it at all. Life is meant to be lived! I don't want to spend it counting every single calorie I consume. It has worked for me. I'm down almost 55 lbs since I started losing almost 2 years ago. I have not put any weight back on, and I am still slowly dropping. Am I the only one??

Replies

• DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Im a calorie counter, and I have made some drastic changes, but if I want pizza I have pizza. If I want a glass of wine, I'm going to have that too. I just try to budget it into my day. I'm a big planner (was before I started too) and it just works with the system I've chosen to do.Everything in moderation has been my moto. This way I'm less likely to binge.
  • trishaswiss
    trishaswiss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm counting the calories too, I just try not to obsess about it and certainly not deny myself. Like you said, if I want pizza I eat it. If I want a big peach margarita you can bet your butt I'm gonna have it! Moderation is key, for sure. As well as being active. While for the most part I won't deny myself anything I want to eat, I am still counting the calories I do take in. I do have days that are worse than others. The weekends I go out I'm screwed! lol. I am finding that it truly does help to have somewhere to log what I take in so that I am held accountable. I see when it's too much and I know to get off my butt and do something about it! I wish I had stuck with MFP throughout the time I have been trying to lose the rest of my weight, I'd probably already be at my goal by now!! :smile:
  • rasp35
    rasp35 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The weekends are the worst and wine is my nemesis. I, like you, will definitely eat something that I Really want, but I am learning to REALLY want it. For example - my hubby surprised me with a romantic night away and we had red wine (lots) and cheese and meat platter (lots :-) ) but there was no way that I was going to say no to any of it. Life is meant for living after all.......

But I will say no to cookies in work, the daily coffee run and I mostly try to choose healthy when I dine with friends. I try to balance as much as I can AND have a life............... No-one wants to be that neurotic dieter (we all know them) that brings the mood down at every party :-)

Moderation, moderation, moderation