Hungry Girl Cookbooks

Options
Has anyone cooked anything out of them? I just got the 200 recipies under 200 calories book and everything looks yummy! Which I hope it is! I'm making one of the breakfasts for mom today!

Replies

• can you send me some recipies i'm no good at finding or writing them
  • charliecat
    charliecat Posts: 16
    Options
    I've gotten both the original Hungry Girl recipes and survival strategies and the Hungry Girl 200 under 200 books. I have done up some of the recipes and followed alot of tips in the books, but honestly haven't really dedicated myself to them (just yet). I love them because the meals are mainly 1 serving which works out great when you have a finiky partner at home who won't eat the same foods. I'm always for trying new things, so if I see a recipe that doesn't really sound to my liking, I try it anyway and discover I like it after all. I like both these books very well.
  • writer190
    writer190 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Most of them are very good. The tricky part is that some of the ingredients can be hard to find. But there are some great ideas and easy, tasty dishes in there! One of the drinks (I forget the name right now) tastes just like a Starbucks frappucino, but with about half the calories! Yum!
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    I get their emails and I love them. The only problem is I'm in the UK and it's really hard to find appropriate ingredient substitutes sometimes. But I'm visiting my mom in the US in a week and I'm planning on picking up the cookbook as soon as I get there to help me survive my week without gaining back what I've lost so far!!
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't own one of the cookbooks just yet (I plan to buy one very soon), but I follow their website religiously. I've found some really great things on there but not everything is good. I've discovered that I cannot stomach the texture of the Tofu noodles they like to use in a lot of their recipes.

I recently bought "I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening! Over 150 Ridiculously Easy Recipes for the Super Busy" though and it is AMAZING. Very very similar to Hungry Girl in style, includes lots of nutritional information, small portion sizes, and foods that aren't too extravagant that picky eaters wouldn't at least try.