MAJOR LEAGUE NSV!

Options
I had to see my doctor today for my annual check-up. He said I was disgustingly healthy, which is a great thing. My A1c level was normal, and he said I was in great health. However, this one bit was the best news of all:

For the first time in around 20 years, I AM MEDICATION-FREE! He said I should just keep doing what I've been doing, watching what I eat and how much I eat. I had been on a diabetes medication and a blood pressure medication, but not anymore! This is some serious freedom for me!

Replies

• rgagnon1
    rgagnon1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! thunk how much money you will save without those meds
  • Chula1962
    Options
    Good for you !!!!! Keep up the fantastic work !
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!! Keep it up!
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • pretty4Jesus
    pretty4Jesus Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    praise God! that's great news!! :D
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That's fantastic!
  • kishstl
    kishstl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable! Big Time Congrats As a member of a family with a long, damaging and deadly history of diabetes rest assured you've just added several years to your life. (and healthier ones at that!)
  • browneyes97
    Options
    Wow! That's fabulous:)
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Ultimate nsv!!!
  • prettymorbidity
    prettymorbidity Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    hell yeah that is WONDERFUL
  • IamLoriJ
    IamLoriJ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic news! Congratulations!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! That if awesome!
  • theedge56
    theedge56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This is one of my goals. I am glad to hear it is possible. Great job and thanks for sharing.
  • sam_gamgee
    sam_gamgee Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That's just fantastic. Awesome job!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is just awesome!!
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Very well done!! Congratulations! Freedom from BP meds is a goal of mine, so you are a great inspiration to me!:smile:
  • Americanbabydoll
    Americanbabydoll Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That is a great NSV!!
  • Indyimp
    Indyimp Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic!!! Congrats :-)
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Being healthy without relying on drugs has got to be THE BEST NSV! Congrats!!!!
  • OddballExtreme
    OddballExtreme Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Unbelievable! Big Time Congrats As a member of a family with a long, damaging and deadly history of diabetes rest assured you've just added several years to your life. (and healthier ones at that!)
    Oh, I know it! There's a history of diabetes in my family, and when I got diagnosed last year, I actually did not get upset. I just realized it caught up with me. Crying about it wouldn't have helped, getting angry would've done nothing, and I certainly didn't want to make myself worse by eating more. I started making the necessary changes, and after a full year, I'm down 50 pounds! The most important thing for me is this: I must continue with what I'm doing now and never go back to my old habits. Otherwise, I'll head right back into trouble.
    This is one of my goals. I am glad to hear it is possible. Great job and thanks for sharing.
    Anything is possible if you just believe in yourself and keep going. No matter what anyone says or tries to get you to do, the most important thing is to listen to yourself...and your doctor.
    Very well done!! Congratulations! Freedom from BP meds is a goal of mine, so you are a great inspiration to me!
    I'm glad I can be of help to others who are trying to break away from the medications. It can be done!

I hope what I've done will help all of you and others know that getting off the meds can be done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!