Suggestions??

Options
I have been walking 2 to 3 miles for 5 days a week and just today tried to start the "30 Day Shred". To say that it kicked my butt is an understatement and it is probably something I will only do 2 or 3 times a week. :) Anyone have any suggestions for other videos or forms of exercise? I need some variation or I get bored and quit. I am open to anything but don't belong to a gym. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Garcialynne
    Garcialynne Posts: 33
    Options
    I use Leslie Sansone DVDs they are great. They do not cost a whole lot the last one was 14.99 canadian, I find them in Walmart.
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I totally enjoy the Biggest Loser dvds. Have the boot camp and cardio max. There are different levels and you don't always need to use the weights I don't belong to a gym and there are no hills available where I live. I walk around the bus track near my home and today jogged some of it..:flowerforyou:
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I like Jillian Michaels other videos. "Trouble Zones" is definitely not as intense as the shred and is more for just overall body today, no cardio.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Jillian Micheals. I alternate 30 day shred, no more trouble zone and banish fat boost metabolism.
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I use Leslie Sansone DVDs they are great. They do not cost a whole lot the last one was 14.99 canadian, I find them in Walmart.

I agree! I've used nothing but the WATP videos and lost 24 lbs so far. They are very easy to follow and I have 8 or 9 of them so I mix them up to target different areas and not get bored. They have been good for toning too since they use your whole body. In one month I lost 1 1/2 inches from each thigh and hips and 1 inch from my upper arms, waist and chest. You can also get them at Target and Best Buy if you don't want to order on the internet. The new WATP 3-mile boot camp (at wal-mart) is a very good workout and comes with 2 stretcy band things. It's not really a beginner walk though.

I did just by the 30 day shred yesterday but haven't looked at it yet. Everyone else seems to like it so I thought I'd check it out. :smile:
  • ndnlou
    ndnlou Posts: 29
    Options
    I am doing the 30 day shred and I am on day 12 and I find that the motivation to do the whole workout without droping down to Anita's modified version:noway: is motivation to keep me going. and I do the workout daily.
  • me_0306
    me_0306 Posts: 2
    Options
    I love the Leslie Sansone DVDs also. I found them at walmart too, around $10 bucks. :)
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Yoga!! It will help you lengthen your new muscles so you look leaner! And it feels good too!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    When I don't go to the gym. I started doing Richard Simmons and find it fun basically I have no rytham so I get more exercise trying to keep up with it Happy Mothers Day to All
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you have cable, but my cable provider has "on-demand" channels (like pay-per-view) that actually has a free excercise channel. It has many catergories to choose from as far as aerobic, strength, dance etc. I love it! So much to choose from, I nvr get bored, it's free and it is constantly changing. If I really like a workout I can record it to dvd or go out and by the dvd.

-Mel

ps- I also started 30 day shred yesterday as well. Was scared too from all the comments on here. I gotta say it was pretty tough but not as bad as I thought it would be. But maybe I am remembering it more w/ fondness cuz it's been a day since I done it. :tongue: If you do decide to continue I would be interested in following your progress and would be happy to update you on mine. Good luck!
  • melliz73
    melliz73 Posts: 14
    Options
    I don't know if you have cable, but my cable provider has "on-demand" channels (like pay-per-view) that actually has a free excercise channel. It has many catergories to choose from as far as aerobic, strength, dance etc. I love it! So much to choose from, I nvr get bored, it's free and it is constantly changing. If I really like a workout I can record it to dvd or go out and by the dvd.

-Mel

ps- I also started 30 day shred yesterday as well. Was scared too from all the comments on here. I gotta say it was pretty tough but not as bad as I thought it would be. But maybe I am remembering it more w/ fondness cuz it's been a day since I done it. :tongue: If you do decide to continue I would be interested in following your progress and would be happy to update you on mine. Good luck!

That would be great...I was a little intimidated. I have some issues with my knees so some of it was just too much right now. I am going to stick with it but maybe do it only once or twice a week as a boost workout. I do have "On-Demand" and will have to check out the workout stuff. I had forgotten about all of that. :) Thanks for the info.
  • melliz73
    melliz73 Posts: 14
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have taken notes and will have to check some of this stuff out!