Heading towards the finish line

Options
I am now 52 years old and I started this journey at 224lbs in March 2012. I slipped, tripped, stumbled and flat out fell off the wagon more times than I can remember but here I am stronger, wiser and most important of all HEALTHY!

My current weight is 143lbs, 8lbs shy of reaching ultimate goal weight and I like to think the change has been for the better. To all of you who motivated me to push on....THANK YOU, your words of encouragement helped me through many difficult times!

I never learned how to post a photo on the forums but if you like, you can take a peek at my profile pic.....it's from this week.

Again....thanks....MFP rocks!!!

Replies

• browneyes97
    Options
    Wow! You look great! I hope one day to have a success story like yours:heart:
  • Melarie59
    Options
    Congratulations! You have done a great job!
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    Congrats on your success!! How wonderful it must feel!! You look fantastic!
  • SoySalva
    SoySalva Posts: 138
    Options
    Thanks guys:blushing: it feels great and I truly couldn't have done it without such a fantastic group of people! I took my strength from so many of you!
  • IamLoriJ
    IamLoriJ Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and it is good to know that it can be done after a fall off the wagon! I know there will be many times that I will be in that boat but it is stories like yours that will motivate me to get back on the horse and try again! Thanks for sharing!
  • SoySalva
    Options
    lamLoriJ you can and will achieve your goal! Don't ever give up, lord knows we all have bad days but the trick is never let yourself be defeated!! You won't believe the things you can accomplish when you have faith in yourself!

My best to you :flowerforyou:
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job. be very proud of yourself. you look wonderful. way to go and thank you for sharing
  • SoySalva
    Options
    Thank you terrironnie! :flowerforyou:
  • auntiecyndy
    auntiecyndy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Those are quite amazing stats! Congrats on the success. I hope to follow in your footsteps.
  • camcd831
    camcd831 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you have done awesome. I know it is hard work. I must say though regarding your topic..I feel that there is not
    a finish line. It is a lifestyle that I must always continue.
  • ckquinn
    Options
    Congrats! Please share your secrets!
  • kaleksy
    kaleksy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You are an inspiration! You look fantastic!
  • SoySalva
    Options
    I appreciate all of your kind words, it made my day:happy:

As for my secrets, I must say that not eliminating foods i really enjoy has helped me stick to it......I just learned to eat them in moderation. It is a lifetime change so it needs to be sustainable! Exercise always helps, the health benefits are amazing and last but not least.....Determination......this will push you every step of the way!

You are all doing great......my best to all:flowerforyou:
  • lovelillies
    Options
    So very impressed by your achievement, you have every right to be proud of yourself. What has your usual weight loss been on a weekly basis when you've "stuck with the plan"? Also, how tall are you and what was your usual daily calorie intake?

Being very nosey I know, but I've only just started MFP and am intrigued by your success with it. Thanks.:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!