PB2

Options
I remember hearing about PB2 while I was doing weight watchers but that was several years ago and I think the only way to get it at the time was by purchasing it online (at least that is what I was told). Is this still true?
If not, does anyone know what stores would carry it?

Replies

• Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    I remember hearing about PB2 while I was doing weight watchers but that was several years ago and I think the only way to get it at the time was by purchasing it online (at least that is what I was told). Is this still true?

I don't know where you live but I get mine at HEB. Central Market also carries it. If there are any local health food stores near you I bet they carry it as well.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I get it at whole foods but one of the standard big chain grocery stores near me (Giant) carries it as well.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    Options
    i have never seen it in stores so I just ordered it on amazon,
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    I ordered mine from Amazon when I tried it in the past. I am probably the only person in the world who doesn't care for it. I am very much a regular natural peanut butter supporter. haha but yeah, try amazon! :)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I don't like it. I have it though.. it was given to me. Too much additives in it for my taste. Just give me the peanuts please. Although I will probably use it in baking or something until it's gone.. i don't waste food, but i'll never buy it myself!

(and it *does* taste very different then natural peanut butter)
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    No idea where you are, but in the Saint Louis area I buy mine at Dierbergs - a mainstream supermarket.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I usually order mine off of Amazon
  • losingdreamie
    Options
    You can check their website for a store near you that carries it. There is a health food store near me that cells it. I believe its apple nutrition.
  • emilypurplefrog
    emilypurplefrog Posts: 92 Member
    Options

I don't know where you live but I get mine at HEB. Central Market also carries it. If there are any local health food stores near you I bet they carry it as well.

Thank you! I have a Central Market near me, so I will check there
  • susanmarnold
    Options
    I don't like it. I have it though.. it was given to me. Too much additives in it for my taste. Just give me the peanuts please. Although I will probably use it in baking or something until it's gone.. i don't waste food, but i'll never buy it myself!

Additives??? I thought it was pretty natural and without additives.
  • DimplesInProgress
    DimplesInProgress Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Kroger has it in Richmond, VA. Its a local chain here.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options

yeah i'm pretty sure it's literally just pressed peanuts.
  • raspberryblonde
    Options
    I got my first jar on a whim when I saw it in the Natural Foods section at Kroger. I ordered more from Amazon. It's not a substitute for peanut butter if you intend to eat it on something like an apple or in a sandwich, but it's great for giving other foods a peanut butter flavor without adding much fat (like smoothies, or oatmeal, or the milk you put on the Fiber One chocolate cereal).

And, yeah, I'm pretty sure there's no additives in it.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I googled it and found a site where you could enter your zip code and it told who sold it in your area.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options

Ah. Yes, the additives. Peanuts... And peanuts? Whoa. The list is crazy.

Of course peanut butter is better than pb2 but there are times in life where we can't afford 200 calories on a measly 2T of the good stuff: Considering there are only 45c in 2T, it's good for what it is. ::shrugs::
  • empot
    empot Posts: 30 Member
    Options

There are no additives. It is dehydrated peanuts that removes the oil (hence most of the calories and fat) and sometimes some salt or sugar depending on the brand and flavor. You can also find dehydrated peanut powder in some bulk food sections. It is exactly the same thing and way way cheaper. :)
  • sosdenton
    sosdenton Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Love love it. I get mine at Hy-Vee grocery stores here in MN.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    If you have a Kroger near you, they sell it in the health food section
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options

There are no additives. It is dehydrated peanuts that removes the oil (hence most of the calories and fat) and sometimes some salt or sugar depending on the brand and flavor. You can also find dehydrated peanut powder in some bulk food sections. It is exactly the same thing and way way cheaper. :)

Yep. Looked at the ingredients list before buying.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I found a store by googling PB2. You should be able to find a site that tells where you can get it in/around your zip code.