Hi Everybody!

LDukie913
LDukie913 Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi,
my name is Lori. I joined my fitness pal on the recommendation of a friend. I am so happy to find a website
that allows me to do all my tracking and calculating for free. From January 1, 2003 to March 12, 2008 I exercised at
least 30 minutes a day without missing a day. I was heavy but fairly fit. Like many women my age I was the primary
care giver for my elderly mother. My exercise streak ended on March 13, 2008 when Mom had a sudden heart failure.
I intended to start back up again but it kept getting put off. I'll start again on the first of the month, my birthday, the
first day of the new year... Mom died. Then I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. I had surgery and radioactive iodine.
Then I had to purge, clean and renovate Mom's home for sale. I moved to a different home. Then the docs discovered a
large mass in my chest. Had that removed via a thorocotomy. So here I am, a little over two years later. I am the heaviest
I have ever been and incredibly deconditioned. I have a lot of reasons for losing weight and getting fit. I need to do it to get
healthy, I need to do it to get my doctors off my back, I need to do it because I hate the way I look and how my clothes fits. I need to do it because my nephew is getting married in a little over a year and I don't want to be biggest person in the photos. For the first time in my life I need to put myself first. :happy:

Replies

• 4kyler
    4kyler Posts: 1
    Hello everyone, I am a 58 year old grandma who has lost over 70lbs. with Weight Watchers. My name is Suzanne and it's great getting to know all of you!
  • lisaloo1
    lisaloo1 Posts: 7
    hi ya, you do right you have to put yourself first where your health is concerned so go for it, you have done it before and you will do it again, good luck xx
This discussion has been closed.