Soda Detox HELP!!!

Options
I am trying to go off soda all together and JUST drink water, (started this on Monday) but everyday I have had to break down & drink one soda to help with the headaches, other than that all I drink is water. Anyone know of anything that would help with the headaches can I can try???

Replies

• missjanetleigh
    missjanetleigh Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've had those headaches too and they are rough to get through. As for replacing the soda I by Crystal Light for I'm on the go. They have come along way and have some great flavors.

You can also get them for a 2 qt. pitcher. Always carry a bottle of water and a pkg in your purse of the flavor it has helped me so much. I lost 7 lbs in a week by cutting out soda.

Hope this helps! : )
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Excedrin Migraine

Or Vicodin
  • megziejo
    megziejo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yep try excerrine migraine or other headache medicine that has a small amount of caffeine in it.
  • DispatcherLangmaid
    Options
    I stopped drinking soda because I was getting kidney pains. I didn't notice getting head aches after but I haven't had any kidney pains since :) I would try a light pain med. and see if it helps.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Options
    Chia Seeds. you can put them in your food, in your water, in peanut butter, just about anyway you want. They really help with mood swings, leveling you out, and energy.
  • essaryswife73
    essaryswife73 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Excedrin Migraine works great. It has caffeine in it. Drink tea, hot or iced with stevia or just unsweet. You're having caffeine withdrawls. I'm having one of those headaches right now. Midol also works. Good luck. I just haven't been able to give them up completely. I wish you luck!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    It's probably due to the caffeine. There are caffeine pills you can take. Personally, I don't find anything wrong with a can of soda a day if you account for the calories. Good luck.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bbsunkgurl
    bbsunkgurl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try tea that has caffeine! Dont add sugar. Your probably getting headaches caffeine withdrawal..Best part about tea is that there is no calories in it!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Great sign that they were affecting you... I came off of them one time and the headaches lasted like 3 days then they were no more. Perhaps the best thing is just to fight through it and prove that you are bigger than they are... Best wishes on your journey.
  • MissyMouse2323
    Options
    Switch to diet... they taste the same and no calories!!! I drink them all the time but they will give you the same headache if you stop drinking them... but if it's the calories your worried about, diet is great!!!
  • SincerelyMe7
    Options
    I'm actually going to start breaking my addiction to Diet Coke tomorrow as well.. I'm horribly addicted to it and they're just as bad as real... Good luck with your headaches though... one thing that helped my husband go from sodas to no sodas without headaches was unsweetened tea. I know other people have said this already but it's the caffeine your body is craving..
  • sa993
    sa993 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Tea with caffeine sounds like a good alternative that will probably help with the headaches. I replaced sodas with sparkling water at first, then slowly went to plain water from there. The sparkling water gave me the same sensation and texture of soda, but without the calories and bad stuff.
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    It's temporary and will go away. I quit drinking soda over a year ago and got bad headaches as well but it does go away. Instead of turning to soda, have some hot tea instead in the mean time.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I used to just drink soda (pepsi mainly) and now i never have it. Much better off. I think that is a big step in my weight loss (50+ lbs). I mostly drink tea and water now. I don't even remember the last time i had soda lol.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Coffee?
  • lndsay85
    lndsay85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try drinking green tea. It has caffeine and it is fat burning! Also, you could drink black coffee, which helps get rid of inflammation in the GI system.