Did my first 10k!!!

Options
So I finally did my first 10 k this morning! Been preparing for the last few months and although I wish I finished at a better time (10 mins slower than what I was hoping for, too many people towards the end!) I set the pace and did not stop once!

I'm also at the halfway point to my goal.

So to anyone who says they can't do something....just give it a try because you'll be amazed at what you CAN do. :smile:

Replies

• rvanderpool3
    rvanderpool3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If there is one thing I have learned, keeping up with the pack is irrelevant. As long as you pushed as hard as your body could, you did the best you can. I started out running a 13 minute mile and I am now down to a 7:30 mile. Some nights, I just don't have what it takes to run quickly and back off to a 9 minute mile. Keep up the good work. 10K is quite a milestone!!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Congrats :D
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    If there is one thing I have learned, keeping up with the pack is irrelevant. As long as you pushed as hard as your body could, you did the best you can. I started out running a 13 minute mile and I am now down to a 7:30 mile. Some nights, I just don't have what it takes to run quickly and back off to a 9 minute mile. Keep up the good work. 10K is quite a milestone!!

Heh, what I meant with my pace was that I tend to slow down when I get tired and didn't slow down once for this run. So that felt great! I would like to improve my 'speed' though, so that's my next goal! Right now I'm averaging 11-12 mins miles and I'd like improve that for shorter distances. Mind you, I just started doing this like 7 months ago so I'm looking forward to next year's 10k!

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Great job on the 10K! That's a great milestone! I have down two 5Ks now, but have cut back my running to work on other fitness areas (weight lifting/muscle building). But running is a great fallback - because you can do it anywhere. :smile:

Congrats on your progress and keep it up!
  • thebamboophoenix
    thebamboophoenix Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Was that the Glasgow 10k? I was there cheering on my mate who was running; it was a great race.

And you're very right about when people say they can't do something.....it's not that you can't, you either won't or you'll try!

Well done on your 10k success and halfway towards your goal too - what a day!
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! Congratulations! Pat yourself on the back! :flowerforyou:
  • geekyjen
    geekyjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    congratulations ! that's a great accomplishment.
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    AWESOME job!! its a huge deal. What was your time?
  • swilkie1961
    swilkie1961 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congratulation!!! That is quite an accomplishment! It doesn't matter what your time is, as long as you finished the race... How many people can say they have done 10K?!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!