Not loosing weight?

Hi,

I have been doing this diet for at least 2 weeks now and have not lost anything in fact I have put on 2 pounds?!
I am eating my 1200 cals per day. I do pilates once a week and try to swim twice a week. Oh and I also run around after my 3 year old son!

Can anyone think what I might be doing wrong? As very deflated!

Carlz

Replies

• sss1966
    sss1966 Posts: 110 Member
    Maybe you are not eating enough! You have to eat more to lose more, without being able to look at your diary it's hard to see. Are u sure you log every mouthful, as they can creep in if we aren't careful. Don't give up, you will get there I'm sure x
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    i just hit a very slow point after only 3 weeks. i started to eat more and began to lose more weight again. it sounds strange. but i am proof of the madness. i increased my calories and after just two days i lost two pounds.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    "Not loosing weight"
    Are you saying your weight is firm and you want it to be more loose and jiggly? :huh:
  • kazmurphblin
    kazmurphblin Posts: 114 Member
    You need to work out for at least 30 minutes 5-6days a week to loose weight on 1200, I wouldnt suggest you dont go under this either. Get 30 day shred or ripped in 30 and you will get results, swimming and pilates are not really good enough for weight loss. You needs weights and cardio to loose weight, if your serious about it.
  • katiedidit1
    katiedidit1 Posts: 39 Member
    How much water are you drinking? Are you measuring your portions so your sure your taking in how many calories your think you are?

I really think water is a big help. Your body will cooperate soon. Don't give up but really check these things. And here's to a healthy life for you and your family!
  • Toumani
    Toumani Posts: 78 Member
    lose ≠ loose
  • Hello Carlz mrswazza,
    Your post says you have not lost any weight, in fact gained 2 pounds, but your progress indicator says you have lost 4 pounds, what is it?
    Then I also find it hard to judge without knowing your total weight, and what your calorie intake was before. If you are fairly overweight and switch from eating slightly too much to eating very little, you would normally just lose a few pounds just from water loss.
    There are numerous reasons why we don't always lose weight. I currently do intermittent fasting and am only losing weight very very slowly. Check out the Minnesota Starvation Experiment, I once read somewhere that at the end of the starvation phase, one guy didn't lose any weight any more and even gained some, even though being on a starvation diet. It's simply not always logical. Please just persist, you should be losing weight eventually.
  • I think 2 weeks isn't enough time.

I have averaged a loss of 1.5 lbs a week for the last 15 weeks, that's pretty good right? I am happy with that pace.

During that time frame, 3 weeks I had no change and two weeks actually I gained weight. That means a third of the time I had no loss or gained weight and that's not counting the 2 weeks where I had a loss of under a 1/2 lbs.

Weight loss is never consistent no matter how much we want it to be. Also I am a male so I don't have a monthly cycle that could cause my weight to fluctuate even more. Check you calories to make sure you aren't setting them too low, but honestly I think you may just need to just give it some more time.
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    The scale will tell you 30% of what you need to know! (I pulled that number out of my...).

Measuring tape is your friend. Especially if you're working out too.
  • What are your stats? Personally, I think you need to up your calories to at least 2,700.
  • alexisu96
    alexisu96 Posts: 103 Member
    What are your stats? Personally, I think you need to up your calories to at least 2,700.

is this a type and you meant 1700. I think we need to know her stats first before telling anyone to eat 2,700!!!! Unless this person is working out 6x a week and lifting and 6ft tall.

I find it hard to believe a normal person trying to lose weight will have a TDEE of 3240!! Where 2700 is a deficit.. For a relatively short, female, sededary, 2,700 is going towards obesity.. At least in my case and I am 5,6 and workout 3x a week.