Calories needed when doing insanity

Options
The site says I should eat 2000 calories. Should I increase the amount of calories I eat to lose weight? I'm just afraid of entering starvation mode.

Replies

• fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Did you use the formula provided in the nutrition guide? Chances are, that will tell you to eat more than 2000 calories....
  • beandawgy
    Options
    Did you use the formula provided in the nutrition guide? Chances are, that will tell you to eat more than 2000 calories....

They also bump up the necessary calories on the 2 month of Insanity due to the higher intensity..I'm actually of thinking of trying a 3rd round of Insanity
  • NobleAbsinthe
    Options
    I put on myfitnesspalpal that I want to lose 2lbs a week and that I workout everyday. Is it a good idea to stay between 2000 and 2600?
  • Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I stay within 2000-2400 depending the work out. I burn approx 500-600 cals per insanity
  • NobleAbsinthe
    Options
    Which would mean you'd be at 1500 cal by the time you go to bed. I think if I eat 2600 and burn 500 I'll make a nice deficit of 900.
  • NobleAbsinthe
    Options
    Anyway I set up a zigzag chart, what do you guys think. I needed to set it up with my NG page but here it is.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/3e723173c3b997930a3936d1b38381a5
  • athelete4
    Options
    When you say you workout everyday it will also depend of the intensity of your workout. Also if you strength train, the calories you burn from that are not taken into account of your daily calories to be consumed. I think you have to use this site as a guideline. If you don't lose weight and you're working out everyday then you need to reduce your calorie intake or up the intensity of your workout.

It's mind boggling. Also if you don't have that much weight to lose it will take much longer than somebody who has for example 3 stone to lose.

We all know what we should be doing - eat clean, train hard = toned & awesome looking body