quinoa laksa

Options
mzmoonlight
mzmoonlight Posts: 160
OMG this recipe is to die for!!

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2577/spicy-vegetable-and-quinoa-laksa

I like to mess around with ingredients and add more veggies and a bit less paste but yum.

I used vindaloo paste, it makes me eat more slowly!!

Here is my take on it today (changes each time)

40g quinoa, 100g carrots, 40g onion, 10g kale, 2 tsp vindaloo paste, 250ml coconut milk

Next time I am going to try adding spices myself instead of using the paste to reduce calories.

Replies

• Dreya
    Dreya Posts: 12
    Options
    That sounds amazing. I love Quinoa, vegetables and vindaloo curry paste! This is the perfect combination. I'm going to try it. I just made my very first all raw recipe. Zucchini Pasta and Marinara sauce. I thought at first there is no way courgette would taste good raw let alone anything like pasta. You really cannot tell. It is so light and refreshing. I am amazed. It's by Jennifer Cornbleet and is on youtube. I'm making her country garden soup in a minute. She has really inspired me!

Thanks for the recipe x
  • mzmoonlight
    Options
    Hey Dreya, glad you liked it, let me know what you think once you've had it. I dont really eat much in the mornings then tend to eat light at lunch and by dinner am ravenous but today had it for lunch and its really filled me up. I'd forgotten how good it is!
  • top10deb
    top10deb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What is vindaloo paste? And where would I find it? Thanks
  • mzmoonlight
    Options
    Its curry paste, you should find it in the curry section of your supermarket. In the UK its Patak label, not sure outside of the UK though.
  • top10deb
    top10deb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you mzmoonlight, I live in the US. I will look for it.