no weight loss in 2 weeks

Options
im so upset. I have been trying so hard for this weight lose and really its not happening. I have been at the same weight for the last two weigh ins. Im not sure is Im doing something wrong. I follow the 1200 calorie intake daily and go to the gym 4 times a week. Any suggestions. Getting discouraged!!!

Replies

• alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Just a suggestion. Did you find out your bmr and tdee? 1200 is low for most of us and it wasn't until I did this did I start loosing. Yes you can loose for a time at 1200 but it may stall from being to low.
  • daisyduke40
    daisyduke40 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    how do i find out the bmr and tdee ( I dont know what the tdee is )
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising at all? If so you could be losing inches and not realize it. Plus as alt said, it may be too low. I set myself at 1200 and had no results. I boosted it to 1500 and that did the trick.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    You are probably not eating enough, how many calories are you burning when you go to the gym, do you eat the calories your burn back?
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Are you exercising at all? If so you could be losing inches and not realize it. Plus as alt said, it may be too low. I set myself at 1200 and had no results. I boosted it to 1500 and that did the trick.

Um, did you read the OP?
    go to the gym 4 times a week
    Yeah... Maybe OP goes to the gym just for the people watching...

I doubt it. OP clearly exercises.
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    tape measure?
  • yonky50
    yonky50 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options

Um, did you read the OP?
    go to the gym 4 times a week
    Yeah... Maybe OP goes to the gym just for the people watching...

I doubt it. OP clearly exercises.

I completely missed the gym part >_< new glasses required maybe lol then yes, the measuring inches stands :D
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    A) relax, 2 weeks is not long enough to indicate anything.
    B) find out your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) I recommend IIFYM.com's calculator. Then deduct 20%.
    C) eat at this new level for at least 3-4 weeks before you judge the results
    D) measure yourself as well as weighing, and no more than once a week. Track your progress in a journal.

Let us know how you do after a month. Most of all, be patient with yourself. When you're new to the game, it can be a struggle at first.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    1200 may be too low for you as others have mentioned. Or maybe not.

How many pounds do you need to lose, and how many pounds did you tell MFP you want to lose? What is your current age, height and weight?

Are you eating back your exercise calories? MFP sets your calorie goal based on losing x amount per week through diet alone - it does not assume you are going to exercise. Then when you do exercise, you have to eat more fuel. This is why when you log your exercise calories, it adds more calories to your goal.

And yes, it takes more than 2 weeks to see any changes. If and when you make any changes you should try it for 4-6 weeks before deciding it doesn't work. Our body doesn't immediately respond. It is a marathon, not a sprint.
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Looking at her profile, she wants to lose 22 pounds. Maybe someone could suggest some gym exercises to her.

Where is the weight at that you want to lose? Your waist? That's the last to go on women.