Happy With Body Except for Belly

Options
Hello,

I am pretty happy with how my body is looking but I HATE my belly. What can I do to get rid of this as quick as possible??? or what shouldn't I do even??? I am 5'9" and about 145lbs. with a bulging belly. If the belly was gone, Im sure I could stay the same weight plus get into my smaller jeans that I wore before pregnancy. It's been over a year since the birth of my son and to my understanding, this stupid belly should ALL be gone (except for the stretch marks of course - thankfully I didn't end up with alot.) I kinda always thought that maybe my belly was unflattenable (if that's a word lol) because I have taken 100s of thousands of insulin needles on both sides of my belly botton. Obviously theres gonna be some scar tissue. It's like an insulin protrusion patch. Do you guys thinks I can get rid of it???? I would pay 1 million if I had it just to get rid of it. I wish!!!

Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    The bad news is you can't spot reduce, or really do anything about any possible scar tissue. Fat will only go away by creating a calorie deficit, but you will help yourself out by starting a weight lifting routine.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Well I am eating at a deficit and I am lifting heavy weights 2-3 times a week. My God its a slow process though. Been doing it for over a year. And last week I weighed 144lb on Friday morning, now this Friday morning I weigh 148lb. I'd love to blame it on the dial scale but I don't know if I can.
  • MGMum
    MGMum Posts: 29
    Options
    Check with your doctor if it is Diastasis Recti. http://www.befitmom.com/abdominal_separation.html
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Its not. Its just my belly isnt flat. Somehow I need to lose fat! I am 148 today and people thought I looked too skinny at 139. SO...hopefully the last 9lbs in all in belly! But even when I was 139lb, I still though my belly sucked!