I need help!

Options
Hi,

I am a size 14-16 (US size 10 - 12 I think) and while at my absolute smallest I have only ever been a 12-14/8-10 I have been about 24 pounds lighter and that is the weight that I am trying to lose.

On one occasion where I weighed myself in week 2 of my plan I had lost 4 pounds. However, I appear to have put those 4 pound back on even though I have stuck rigidly to my calorie count and exercised 5 days a week. I just don't understand what is going wrong!

Can anybody shed any light on this?

Chloe.xxx

Replies

• BeccyBerry
    BeccyBerry Posts: 312
    Options
    I dont know why but wanted to say your not alone, I done Jillian Micheals 30 day shred religously for 3 weeks, I missed 1 day and on that day I did winsor pilates instead, I stuck to my calories and only went over possibly once or twice (and it was by no means alot probably 100 calories) and i managed to put on 1/2 a pound.

This past week I havent exercised once (my little boy has been poorly and there hasnt been a whole lot of sleep for anyone) I also had a naughty food/drink weekend at my sisters last week. I weighed myself this morning and ive lost 5lbs this week!

To say im a little frustrated is an understatement!!!!!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I dont know why but wanted to say your not alone, I done Jillian Micheals 30 day shred religously for 3 weeks, I missed 1 day and on that day I did winsor pilates instead, I stuck to my calories and only went over possibly once or twice (and it was by no means alot probably 100 calories) and i managed to put on 1/2 a pound.

This past week I havent exercised once (my little boy has been poorly and there hasnt been a whole lot of sleep for anyone) I also had a naughty food/drink weekend at my sisters last week. I weighed myself this morning and ive lost 5lbs this week!

To say im a little frustrated is an understatement!!!!!
    Could have been you were working out and not eating back your workout calories?
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am a size 14-16 (US size 10 - 12 I think) and while at my absolute smallest I have only ever been a 12-14/8-10 I have been about 24 pounds lighter and that is the weight that I am trying to lose.

On one occasion where I weighed myself in week 2 of my plan I had lost 4 pounds. However, I appear to have put those 4 pound back on even though I have stuck rigidly to my calorie count and exercised 5 days a week. I just don't understand what is going wrong!

Can anybody shed any light on this?

Chloe.xxx
    Without seeing your food diary I can't tell if you're eating back your exercise calories or what MFP has alloted for your daily calories. It could be that you're not eating enough to fuel your body for the workouts you're doing. Also, it could be that your muscles are retaining water to repair themselves after your workouts. Here's a question: how close to TOM are you? TOM adds on 3-5 lbs for a woman in water retention because of bloating. Excess sodium does the same; you should consider tracking that and keeping your sodium at or below the recommended daily allowance. Hope all this helps!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    could you have possible gained muscle mass?

I would get the measuring tape out if your lack of loss continues and I think you'll be pleased with the results!

Are you eating your exercise calories? x
  • 20chloe09
    20chloe09 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am eating some of my exercise calories but not always all of them, my appetite has begun to adjust to the plan so now I find that I'm alright with just the 1400. Can I ask what TOM is please? I will definitely try cutting down on sodium. Also, I have started drinking at least 2 litres of water per day - will this help if it is water retention?

Thankyou everyone for your help!
  • 20chloe09
    20chloe09 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Haha - I looked up Tom and the answer to your question is about 2 days. Maybe this is why I'm having difficulty losing the pounds!
  • ldr0024
    ldr0024 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you're retaining water, than the best solution is to keep drinking! You're retaining it for a reason.. your body needs it! Also, try eating low glycemic carbs. Keep it up! It will pay off!
  • popplylily
    popplylily Posts: 97
    Options
    do weigh yourself a wk later, sounds like normal fluctuation to me, even eating more salt makes you retain, i vary by half a stone depending on what clothes i have on time of day, what went for breakfast.. periods... pmt you name it.