Hi All

Options
Hello everypne, new to the site and wanted to do a quick introduction........my name is Brandy and I live in a small town in WV, I have a wonderful husband and 3 wonderful children. I joined this site because my husband and I really need to lose some weight for our health. I can't do it without support and thought this would be a great place to start.

Replies

• Timothy2000
    Timothy2000 Posts: 108
    Options
    Welcome this is a great site to belong to. I have been here for awhile trying myself to get back on track, been away for awhile.
  • Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    Welcome aboard:flowerforyou:
  • freehold1979
    Options
    Welcome to the site Brandy!!. I;ve only been a member for a couple of months but the support I have received has been absolutely fantastic.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site and the support here is amazing.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Several things my fellow site members have taught me:
    - Eat all your calories allotted--or get pretty close to the amount allotted.
    - Drink lots of water to cleanse the system.
    - Walking is a good and steady exercise and most of us can do it.
    - Eat lots of fiber (fruits and veggies).
    - If you really want a high-fat food, eat one bite of it. Pause, relish, enjoy, savor that bite.
    If you totally deprive yourself, in a weak moment, you may eat the whole thing.

Before long, you will be sharing your helpful hints. Welcome. BJB
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place! I've been here almost a month and this is the longest I've ever stuck with an excercise kick.... And there is a reason for that. Being here has made me realize it's a lifestyle change and the more I see my 'friends' posting their success the more I'm motivated to create my own. Welcome to the site and may your weightloss journey be fabulous!
  • RhondaCrombie
    RhondaCrombie Posts: 292
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It is a wonderful place. Good luck with your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • mcsmileyy
    mcsmileyy Posts: 5
    Options
    Welcome to the fam ! i am young myself and 167 lbs (three ponds already!) and i can say i LOVE this site ! i hope you find this as helpful as i already have, as i only joined yesterdayy, the calorie counting is really key! before, just thinking "oh, yeah, this is low cal..." four servings later and... its not so low-cal :P im sure you will be as shocked as i was about what i was putting in my body! well, i wish you the best in your lifestyle change, and i hope you live a long, healthy life : )

Best of luck,
    Nicole : )
  • calsouthg8
    calsouthg8 Posts: 2
    Options
    Well i have joined this with my daughter for i need help too to lose weight.
  • Soon2beskinny73
    Soon2beskinny73 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Welcome Brandy ,
    This site is FANTASTIC!! I have only been here for a week but LOVE it and it's so motivational and inspirational to see others losing and posting and it gets me excited to log in every day and count my calories and also join in on the forums. Post often and you will get LOTS of support :) Good luck on your journey and hope to see you often.
  • Anwables
    Anwables Posts: 12
    Options
    You've come to the right place! I've been here almost a month and this is the longest I've ever stuck with an excercise kick.... And there is a reason for that. Being here has made me realize it's a lifestyle change and the more I see my 'friends' posting their success the more I'm motivated to create my own. Welcome to the site and may your weightloss journey be fabulous!

Welcome :) you will love the site and the people... they are very motivating. and as zaggy said lol seeing other people post their success helps keep you going so you yourself can stay successful. Best of luck to you. :flowerforyou:
  • nurseseabreeze75
    Options
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes and advice already!!! I am hoping I can do this with all of the support. Thanks Mom for telling me about this site and joining with me........
  • ash15nicole
    ash15nicole Posts: 131
    Options
    welcome!! I am fairly new as well and LOVE this site! definitely an eye opener and a god accountability!! :) goodluck!