Upcoming music gigs?

Options
So anyone planning to see their favourite band/musician/singer this year?

I went to a few gigs last year but not as many as I used to due to back problems. Already have a few lined up for this year and I am extremely excited to see Vader/Aborted/Bonded by Blood on tuesday. Can't beat a good metal gig in my opinion!

What have you all got lined up?

Replies

• NatashaB8
    Options
    bump
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    So far I have tickets for Paloma Faith, Enter Shikari and Muse.

Quite excited! :D
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    3rd row seats to Bon Jovi in March....lots of free country shows every Friday this summer....and then there will always be a few good concerts at the state fair :)

sigh...and my daughter is begging me to take her to see One Direction...
  • NatashaB8
    Options
    I've seen Bon Jovi a couple of times, hope you enjoy it!! And One Direction.. oh no.. :laugh:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Bob Seger is coming to Portland in a couple months. Probably going to take my wife to that.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Bob Seger is coming to Portland in a couple months. Probably going to take my wife to that.

LOVE Bob Seger. Saw him about 6-8 years ago. He still rocks live!
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    Not sure yet. Can't really make any plans. But my daughter auditioned for America's Got Talent and we're waiting for call backs. So maybe that will be the next show I go to :)
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah...
    I have tickets for MOE tomorrow night and will see them a couple times this year!
    Railroad Earth in March
    possibly the allman Brothers in march as well
    as always music festivals lined up for summer.. Moe Down & Gathering of the Vibes
    even hear talks of another Phish Festival this summer!! which would be nice!
    plus whatever pops up..
  • NatashaB8
    Options
    Not sure yet. Can't really make any plans. But my daughter auditioned for America's Got Talent and we're waiting for call backs. So maybe that will be the next show I go to :)

Wow, good luck to her :D
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I am going to see Emilie Autumn and Velvet Acid Christ next weekend (same night, two different shows - that will be tough, but we can make it work).

KMFDM on my birthday, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds on April 3rd, and whoever else decides to roll through Denver this year.

Sadly, I think I shall miss anything at Red Rocks now after Amend 64 passed. :(
  • susancorcoran96
    Options
    Ohhhh... I am jealous of the Bon Jovi tickets. Trying to cut back this year since I'm saving up for a trip to Italy in the fall. I do have tickets for Kid Rock next weekend, though, as well as for Chris Young in March and for Rascal Flatts in the summer (postponed from earlier in January). Oh, and for Rick Springfield in September as well. Does that sound like cutting back? LOL
  • PopCorn_Said
    Options
    The Black Keys on April 2nd... Can't wait!!!
  • NatashaB8
    Options
    The Black Keys on April 2nd... Can't wait!!!

I saw them last February, they were amazing! Definitely one of the best gigs I have ever been to.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I LIVE for loud live music...and I spoiled myself silly last year.... I saw

Shinedown w/Adelita's Way
    Adelita's Way
    Evans Blue
    Halestorm
    Trapt (except I got too drunk and missed most of it, oops my bad)
    Seether
    Halestorm w/In This Moment

This year I will see if it kills me
    Trapt (and not get drunk)
    Art of Dying - really sad I missed them
    Sick Puppies - they were touring with Seether and pulled out two days before the concert...ugh.
    Red
    Hollywood Undead - if I can get someone to go with - don't think this is one to go alone...snicker
    SHINEDOWN - they are the BEST in concert!!!
    Five Finger Death Punch...REALLY need to see them.

Shinedown is coming this month, but I don't think I can swing the ticket..my kids want to go and it would be $150...ugh. it is worth it though...they have so much fun on stage..quite the Bro-mance....Seether on the other had not so much.
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Yup...buying Rush tickets tomorrow for their May 1st concert here in town!!
  • cgirly
    cgirly Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    1.Thurston Moore from Sonic Youth on Sunday night at a teeny weeny 200 capacity venue in Hebden Bridge (yey!)
    2. My Bloody Valentine touring again after years in March.
    3. Just got tickets for All Tomorrow's Parties Festival at Alexandra Palace in May - Yeah Yeah Yeah's and Grizzly Bear headlining - also The Walkmen, Dirty Beaches and Tortoise. CANNOT WAIT!

I LOVE GIGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NatashaB8
    Options
    Yup...buying Rush tickets tomorrow for their May 1st concert here in town!!

I really want to see them here, but the tickets are too damn expensive :(
  • alw141
    alw141 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I LIVE for loud live music...and I spoiled myself silly last year.... I saw

Shinedown w/Adelita's Way
    Adelita's Way
    Evans Blue
    Halestorm
    Trapt (except I got too drunk and missed most of it, oops my bad)
    Seether
    Halestorm w/In This Moment

This year I will see if it kills me
    Trapt (and not get drunk)
    Art of Dying - really sad I missed them
    Sick Puppies - they were touring with Seether and pulled out two days before the concert...ugh.
    Red
    Hollywood Undead - if I can get someone to go with - don't think this is one to go alone...snicker
    SHINEDOWN - they are the BEST in concert!!!
    Five Finger Death Punch...REALLY need to see them.

Shinedown is coming this month, but I don't think I can swing the ticket..my kids want to go and it would be $150...ugh. it is worth it though...they have so much fun on stage..quite the Bro-mance....Seether on the other had not so much.

I love, love love Shinedown!!! My favorite band. And I'm seeing them tomorrow night! Don't know how I'm going to get through work today because I'm having trouble sitting still. :-)
  • MsJackieO318
    MsJackieO318 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bad religion in a month or so and muse in April I think! want to start going to more shows this year. I worked on warped tour for a couple dates last year and I want to see if I can do it again this summer. The backstage BBQs are so much fun and it doesn't hurt getting to meet cute guys in bands :)
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Enter Shikari

I hope the crowd there is better behaved than the very young and sillies I had behind me a couple of years back at my local venue. Love Enter Shikari, but it ended up being my worst gig ever next to Ellie Goulding.

This year (just the beginning) I want to see Modestep, Bastille, Of Monsters and Men, Lost Alone and Mojo Fury....not sure about summer and beyond...