Calorie Intake HELP!

Options
Ok, there is SO much information out there and I have no clue where to start. Here is my situation...I want to lose at least 30 pounds at the end of all of this. Currently I have been eating 1200 calories a day and exercising 5-6 days a week for 45-60 minutes. My workouts are as follows:

Mondays: 60 minutes turbo kick class
Tuesdays: 45 min cardio circuit
Wednesdays: 45 min cardio circuit, 2.5 hours of bowling league
Thursdays: 45 min cardio circuit
Fridays: 45 min cardio circuit or 45 min Kettlebell workout
Saturdays: 60 minute circuit training class (mix of cardio/strength)

My day job is in an office, so I don't really get exercise in there.

I was looking online at some stuff said to do 1200, some said 1500, some even said 2400 calories! I need some help if anyone knows about this kind of stuff. Thanks in advance!!!

Replies

• BlueJess7
    BlueJess7 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It helps in this case to know your height and weight. More than likely you are over 5 feet and 1200 calories is very low for you. You should be eating between 10-30% less than your TDEE is. You should also be eating back your exercise calories or at least as much of it as you can.
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    It helps in this case to know your height and weight. More than likely you are over 5 feet and 1200 calories is very low for you. You should be eating between 10-30% less than your TDEE is. You should also be eating back your exercise calories or at least as much of it as you can.

THIS. Eating to lose weight is something I can't seem to grasp.
  • imjenjen00
    Options
    You're not eating enough. Figure out your BMR and never go below that. Then figure out your TDEE and eat somewhere between the two.
  • schlagers
    Options

Height: 5'4"
    Weight: 165
  • schlagers
    Options
    Ok, next question is how do I change my calorie intake number on MFP. It keeps giving me a 1300 some calories even though my BMR says 1550 and my TDEE says 2300.
  • schlagers
    Options
    Never mind. I figured it out. Ok, so I'm going to do 1700 calories now and see how that goes. Thanks for all the help!
  • imjenjen00
    Options
    Good luck! I bet you'll feel a lot better, especially during your workouts