Little bit of help please :)

Options
Right, so i have been on my lifestyle change since October 10th 2012 and i am doing really well, i just wanted a bit of advice to be honest. At the moment i am on a 1200 cal a day and i dont get much chance to exersise at the moment due to various reasons and i work as a receptionist so i am sitting down most of the day.

At the moment i am losing roughly 1-2lbs a week which i am very happy with, i only really need to know if you think my calorie intake is suitable for my stats?

Do you think 1200 cals is about right for me?

My Stats:

Age- 21
weight: 11st 12lbs 166lbs
Height - 5ft3 - 5ft4

Any advice would be great :)

xx

Replies

• MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    If you're sedentary and eating healthy foods for those 1200 cals then I'd say you're doing well. A lot of people will disagree but I am about your height (5'4) and was at your weight before I lost 40lbs and I started out like you, eating 1200 and not exercising much. As you start to workout more you'll need to add some more calories but you seem like you're on a good path. Good luck!
  • misstilley12
    misstilley12 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you hun :) xx
  • vowsllc
    vowsllc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree with shinelikevega... we can motivate each other.....
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Even though you sit around for work doesn't mean thats all you do.. You could eat more (1500-1600) or you could stay at 1200 until you plateau.. but the bigger the deficit your body will eat away any muscle you may have, so your scale may drop but your BF% may increase.. bigger the BF% the more you will probably not like how your body looks when you hit your "goal" weight.
    When you do plateau, then just eat more.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I ran your numbers here:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

And came up with daily calories, with sedentary lifestyle, of 1699. That's with your TDEE minus 20%. Even if you went a little more severe with 25%, that gives you 1593 calories.

I'd think bumping up your limit to at least 1400 would be more ideal. Don't think of it as an allowance to eat crap either, just eat a few more nutrient dense foods like an extra egg at breakfast or in your salad, a handful of nuts for snack, an extra piece of fruit in the day, etc.

P.S. And what Greenrun99 said

edited again - geez I can't type today!
  • misstilley12
    Options
    Thank you for your advice Greenrun99 i will def take it into consideration i think my weight loss has started slowing down now so once i hit a plateau i will increase :) x
  • misstilley12
    Options
    Thank you so much for doing that for me MinnieInMaine, i am going to get to my next weigh in (wednesday) and then up my cals to 1400:)

Where would i be without you lovely people :D xx