what do time length do you consider a workout to be?

Options
So 3-4 days a weeks I do a 30 minute work out and 2 days a week I do close to an 1 hour work out. When I was figuring out my TDEE it ask how many days a week I workout. Well I generally workout six but the time varies for 30-1 depending on the day and whats going on. Is there a certain amount of time that makes it a work out? Also I should add on the 30 min day I usually jog on the treadmill for most of the 30 mins with fast walking mixed in. Trying to walk less jog more and get more stamina so I can go faster and run longer without feeling like I am dying lol

Replies

• mathewsmom
    Options
    ?
  • shari67
    shari67 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's any perfect length of time. I exercise about like you do, 3 - 4 times a week at 30 - 45 minutes and twice a week for about an hour. The way I determine a "good" vs. "bad" workout is by the amount of calories I've burned (I wear a HRM). I try for a minimum of 250 for each of the short workouts. If I am just doing weights and it's only 150 or so, I hop on a cardio machine for 10 - 15 miuntes or so to burn an additional 100+ calories. Everyone's different though. I see people on here working out way more than that, but for my schedule it's about as much as I can fit in! I'd say just keep up what your doing...
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I consider 30 minutes to be my minimum workout time, with the exception of 5Ks. They are a workout even if it only takes 25 minutes.