Tips & Tricks

Options
As we all learn how to eat healthier we pick up diet tips and tricks that ACTUALLY work for us.

So, why don't we share a few. I know that what works for me might not work for you but you never know 'till you try :)

My tip/ trick:

I've been eating LOTS of salads since I strarted but my go to dressing has always been RANCH. I switched to the light but still. A friend sugested to always put the dressing on the side and just dip my fork in before you dig in. I still get the ranch flavor but consume about half.

Replies

• PQ4321
    PQ4321 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have been experimenting with fat free yogurt as a base for ranch dressing. It is not perfected yet, but I am getting close with half yogurt and half non fat buttermilk with the package of ranch seasoning.

I made a huge bowl of peppery vinaigrette (3TB vinegar, 2 TB olive oil, 1TB honey, pinch of salt, lots of pepper) over a head of green cabbage and half a head of red cabbage shredded. It kept all week and I would eat a small bowl of that when I was hungry. Worked for me.

I put on my pedometer :-) and am surprised at the number of steps I take a day.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Trix are for kids, eat the full fat and flavor foods just cut down on the proportions. No one likes diet foods. :)
  • jotero0406
    Options
    Trix are for kids, eat the full fat and flavor foods just cut down on the proportions. No one likes diet foods. :)

I know right! that's what I'm doing with the dipping of the fork in the dressing instead of drowning the salad :happy:
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Trick --- my hubby and I LLLOOVOVVVEEEE eating out.... but i get sick of eating salads soo.... I down a huge bottle of water before I go to eat. It fills me up and then I dont eat as much... I did this for the first 30 lbs I lost and it was a great trick. :)
  • christynek
    christynek Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I always ask for a take out box at the beginning so I can put half in right away so I don't eat it all!

I also ALWAYS have a water bottle.
  • JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    I've noticed that for certain foods, the cheaper the option you go for, the better it is for you. The more expensive options are usually packed full of added sugar/salt/flavourings/etc. but the less expensive generally aren't. Also, i'm a food label addict and I've found that always reading the nutrition information for whatever you're going to eat help you make better decisions or to eat smaller portions of the less healthy things