Color Run

Happy Friday!

Tomorrow I'm participating in the Color In Motion 5k run. Going today to pick up my packet. I tried so hard to flake out because of social anxiety (and the desire to sleep in on a weekend, of course), but it's one of my goals this year to participate in a 5k and I figure if I've already paid, I really have no excuse but to man up and git 'er dun. :P

The packet pick-up information tells me in general what to bring - clean-up stuff. cash/credit card, towel, phone, my keys of course... Where do you put this stuff so it doesn't get all paint-y?

Feel free to chime in with thoughts/experiences/ideas, etc. Tell me how much fun it will be. Get me riled up. C'mon, people!

WHEE!

download.jpg

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Me and my kids are going to try and register for one in April. Money has been tight so I'm waiting for my tax refund. The education credit is holding it up. :cry:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    You can do it!!!

I am actually particpating in one in March and I can't wait! I wanted to do it last year but I don't want to do it by myself....
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    I'm signing up for one in September! I can't wait to hear how it went!

Could you buy a cheap "fanny pack" to the store your things in? Or maybe leave some of it hidden and locked in the car?
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    That looks so fun!! My kid would go crazy! Good for you for stickin' to it! Take pictures
  • No matter how I'm running (if I'm getting mucky or not) I keep my phone and Ipod in my bra. If I have to carry extra things I use velcro bandages to strap it all to my leg underneath my joggers. failing this, you could always carry a small rucksack or bumbag. Hope you have an excellent time, it sounds amazing!
  • MaddieCakes06
    MaddieCakes06 Posts: 53 Member
    Good for you for sticking with it! I participated in the Portland Color Run (see profile pic) back in September and it was fun! I wasn't able to run the entire thing but I ran longer than I thought I could because everyone around me was motivating me to push myself.

I kept my valuables in a plastic ziplock back that I held in my hand. I only kept some money, my license, and my phone to take pictures, the rest I left in the car.

I highly recommend bringing/buying a handkerchief to wear around your neck and put above your mouth at the color stations, the powder is not fun to inhale. I also wore sunglasses to keep it out of my eyes but many people wore goggles.

Wear shoes/clothes you don't care about because the color doesn't always come out.

Have fun!
  • lys617
    lys617 Posts: 51 Member
    I did Color Me Rad last year and it was totally worth it. SO much fun and messy! Do it, you will have a blast!
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Awesome! Have fun! I'm doing the Color Run in VA in September. Can't wait!
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    I did it last year and I LOVED it! I actually tied my car key onto the drawstring of my shorts, left the cash, phone and other stuff in the car (I went back for it later), and wore goggles! I didn't want the paint to get into my eyes while running. It was a lot of fun. You're going to have a blast :)
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Leave it in your car. And keep just your car key in your pocket.
  • OMG it is so much fun
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    My daughter recently did a color run and loved it. I was also her first 5k. I don't know where she put her stuff to keep it paint free, but she had a blast doing it.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Are you in Houston? I have a couple of friends running tomorrow. Have fun!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    OH YAY! I did it last summer!! It was fun!

Before:
    hG9qkur.jpg?2

After!:
    XRmWsRC.jpg?1

The crowd:
    wI2eo6E.jpg?1

& tutus!:
    r74ybmz.jpg?2
  • you could maybe put just the car key on a chain/rope around your neck or wrist or tucked in your sock inside of your shoe and the rest locked in the car. That sounds like so much fun and I'm not even a runner. Can't wait to hear how it goes!
  • Maddie Cake's nailed it! Ziploc's and some sort of face mask! The stuff taste like chaulk. Carry some of your own water. We had one water station at the turn. Also, be sure to cover your car seats too! It is a fun run. Congrat's for Git'R Done! and for setting goals and sticking to them. You ROCK!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    I'm doing one in March, with a whole bunch of MFP's!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I have an old wedding dress.....I'm thinking of wearing it :devil:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Are you in Houston? I have a couple of friends running tomorrow. Have fun!

Yes. :bigsmile:

Thanks to everyone - great ideas and I appreciate all your input. You all rock. :drinker:
  • danner13
    danner13 Posts: 26 Member

The packet pick-up information tells me in general what to bring - clean-up stuff. cash/credit card, towel, phone, my keys of course... Where do you put this stuff so it doesn't get all paint-y?

I ran the color run last fall and it was sooo much fun!! You will have a blast :) As for what to bring, keep stuff for cleaning up in your car and carry your phone (if you want to take pictures) and keys in a zip-loc bag when you run. I wouldn't bring money unless you are planning to buy more color packets. The "paint" is a powder and it actually comes off pretty easy, but I'd cover the seats in your car with a towel. Have fun!!
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Awesome! Have fun! I'm doing the Color Run in VA in September. Can't wait!

That's the one I'm doing!