AT MY GOAL! 145-125: before and after

Options
LaurenAOK
LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
I've made progress posts on here before but I am finally just about at my goal :) I started at 145 in December 2011, with a goal weight of 130. I reached that by last March and played around with maintaining my weight for a while. I got into heavy lifting and did a bulk/cut cycle and ended at around 128-132, depending on the day.

Well I'm doing a pageant next Saturday (my first pageant!) and decided I wanted to slim down a bit before then. At the beginning of January I decided I wanted to be down to 125 in time for the pageant. That's about 5 pounds in 5 weeks! I knew since I was already small that would be tough, but I've been working hard and it's paid off! As of now I'm about 125.6, and the pageant's still a week away... so I DID IT!

I still lift heavy and do almost no cardio. I go through phases where I eat really clean and other phases where I eat like complete crap. But I stay under my calories and get plenty of protein and the weight has just kept coming off :) So here's my before/after! The "after" was taken this morning in my pageant bikini. It's hard to see because of the camera quality, but I actually have a little ab definition! :D

Thank you so much, MFP... could never have done it without this site and the amazing support here. I never thought I'd feel as good about myself as I do now. Wow!

IQReE2Tl.png

XpBqlYIl.png

Replies

• MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    wow you look fantastic :)
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    WOW... excellent work!!!
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Lauren!
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Excellent! You may not have had an immense amount to lose but the difference is very noticable..Well done You!!
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options
    You look fantasic! Congrats on your success! Love reading these, such an inspiration!
  • emjoyhar
    emjoyhar Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's almost exactly how I want to end up! Your story will definitely help motivate me to getting to my goal. :) Thanks for sharing!
  • lldelmonte
    lldelmonte Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thats great! Congratulations, you look awesome. I noticed you exclusively weight / strengh train. How many times per week?
  • msgrowinggirl20
    Options
    excellent
  • waffletops
    waffletops Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look fab.
    I am at 145 and want to reach 125, so it's nice to see what before and after looks like.
    Thanks.
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!! Great job. I so want to do that... not the pageant part but get to my goal weight!
  • ptjolsen
    ptjolsen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Awesome results!!!

p.s. do you know your before/after bodyfat percentages?
  • dnhardy
    Options
    You look great! And Good luck in the pageant! I used to do the Miss America system in Arkansas and am always excited when girls see the good side of pageantry
  • mbrowens
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look so great! Good luck on your pageant, by the way :)
  • Oakley82
    Options
    You look so great!! I'm close in height/beginning weight and you're great motivation! Thank you for posting!
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing! Good luck at your pageant!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • AnnaYESiCANdoIT
    AnnaYESiCANdoIT Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    WOW you look absolutely AMAZING!!!!
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Options
    Wow!! Your results are incredible!! Congrats and GOOD LUCK at your pageant!
  • maryannville
    maryannville Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! I am at 155 and want to get to 135! I have that same polka dot bathing suit! and i also have a turquoise one! haha GREAT JOB! Gives me hope that 20 lbs can make such a difference.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job!!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for your encouragement! This is why I love this place!
    I noticed you exclusively weight / strengh train. How many times per week?

I usually do 3-4 times per week, but right now I'm going a little crazy and doing 6 times per week. Back/Biceps day, Leg day, Chest/Shoulder/Triceps day, repeat. Then take one rest day per week. It's intense and I'm only doing it until my pageant, but I'm actually really loving it!
    p.s. do you know your before/after bodyfat percentages?

When I started I believe I was around 30%, and now I *think* I'm down to about 22%! My ultimate goal would be about 18%, but I haven't made a game plan for that yet. Not sure if I want to focus more on building muscle or losing fat. Probably building muscle because I'm ready to eat more calories :wink: We'll see!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!