Welcoming myself to the site!

Options
I've been logging for a bit now but I still consider myself new. I am looking to lose around 60 pounds and I made the decision somewhere around October. I started with little changes and it took me until December to begin to make full-blown changes. My biggest drive is my boyfriend - he's relatively healthy and works out every day. He wants someone who is healthy and is capable of having healthy children. This is a big incentive for me, shockingly. I never wanted any of those things, but with him I do.
I picked up a few bags of the Visalus shake mix, and I have that on a regular basis. I also work out 5-6 times a week on my Wii Fit. I wasn't seeing much change in my weight so I consulted with my doctor. He asked me if I was adding my post-workout calories back into my workout, to which I answered, no. I was putting myself in SEVERE starvation mode without even realizing it. My intake was somewhere around 700 calories a day....so now, armed with the knowledge that it's okay to go over my cal intake before workingout, I am looking for people who will keep me on track and keep me focused - I have a long way to go! Thanks for reading!

Replies

• nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! Sounds like you are making the changes you need to be a healthier you. WE CAN DO THIS!
  • HardyMichelle
    HardyMichelle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!!! I know we can!!!
  • mrs_boerma
    mrs_boerma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! (a la Rob Schneider from Waterboy) And remember that it's ok to spoil yourself once in a while with treats. Just smaller portions and 5 more minutes of working out. Don't deprive yourself and end up binging . No bueno!
  • Julia_Schmitt
    Options
    i am wishing you best of luck on your joruney.

I am also new, i only started 2 days ago.
    I always likes sports but i also LOVE food. SO i added about 25 pounds within the last 4-5 years just like that..my husband is crazy about the gym and he is super motivating me. Its fun to workout together, so if you can join your boyfriend in the gym, im sure this would do not only you good but also strengthen your relationship. I find it great to see couples trying to have a healthy lifestyle. In the end we all wanna have a happy and healthy life together :) Best of luck and keep us updates.
  • Huasnagirl7
    Huasnagirl7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this website too and am wondering how do you post photos on your blog and how do you get the ticker on your blog? Any assistance is appreciate. Thanx
  • HardyMichelle
    HardyMichelle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is the same way. He's in the gym almost every single day...he's definitely my biggest motivator. Coming from a large family, some of them can't understand why I'm doing what I'm doing, so some days I really struggle. Thanks for reading!!!