Another reason not to eat fast food...

Options
Put down that Whopper. Mr. Ed might be in there.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2271440/Burger-King-admits-selling-beef-burgers-Whoppers-containing-horse-meat.html#axzz2JfkBqspF

In my opinion, I don't think that horse meat is necessarily bad for you, rather it's the things being put in our food without full disclosure.

Replies

• 1julietax
    1julietax Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Since coming on here and using this site, it's amazing how less fast food I eat. Just cause the fat, salt and calories are OUT of control.
  • Fedup23
    Fedup23 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Will I be eating BK any time soon?.. Neigh I say! My MANE reason.. its too hard to fit into my macros.

Eh.. nm.. I was just horsing around.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    gross
  • thinflower_punk
    Options
    why are people so surprised that there's dead animal in their hunk of dead animal?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    But it tastes sooo good. And sometimes it's just what my macros are screaming for!
  • BootyShakingBadAss
    BootyShakingBadAss Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Will I be eating BK any time soon?.. Neigh I say! My MANE reason.. its too hard to fit into my macros.

HAHAHA
  • speedgoose
    Options

Haha, I am sending you a friend request because of this.
  • like_milk
    like_milk Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I should confirm that this scandal is only relevant to Britain and Ireland. It has been big news over here

I don't think there is really anything wrong with horse-meat, it's just that we don't eat it here, and because of that this meat is illegal and we have no idea if it is safe such as what drugs the horses might have been given or how they were killed. And as far as I know, we're still not sure how the horse meat got there.

Thankfully I'm vegetarian, I just hope there's no chance of horse meat in my veggie burger! :noway:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

lol
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    why are people so surprised that there's dead animal in their hunk of dead animal?

HA!
  • mbreed75
    mbreed75 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well, I guess Horse tastes pretty good.
  • BruhManFif
    BruhManFif Posts: 136 Member
    Options

This is perfection.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat horsemeat in europe than pink slime in the states. Just sayin!
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Since coming on here and using this site, it's amazing how less fast food I eat. Just cause the fat, salt and calories are OUT of control.

Me too! I cook way more than I used to and my food taste way better to me now than fast food.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I've eaten horse before without knowing it. In italy there are restaurants that serve it quite often, and it was tasty. I think it should be consumed more often in fact. I have no real problem with this.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be about those french fried taters!
    Friedtaters_zps0ec27024.gif

Ok, I'll stop Horsing around now.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options

LOL!!
  • jrmartinezb
    jrmartinezb Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    In fairness, this seems to be a problem with BK’s supplier rather than with the BK itself. I guess with the globalization and industrialization of the chain supply it becomes easier and easier for quality controls to fail somewhere. I’m sure this problem affects not only fast food chains, but any business that sells prepackaged or processed food.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Well....good thing I live in the US and not the UK...I prefer Backyard Burger anyway...if I want a burger...

Never been a fan of Burger King's burgers....like their chicken sandwiches though.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

^^yep. Not sure why there is a difference.