Bad weekend, how do you start fresh?

Options
I ate horriable this weekend, and barely moved. I ate way over my calories, and it definatly reflected on the scale this morning. How do you find the ability to start fresh, again??? I feel like a failure since this was only week one and I couldn't commit to a full week. has anyone else done this?

Replies

• albanin
    albanin Posts: 4
    Options
    If I had a bad weekend, say friday and saturday, I try to have a pretty good day on sunday by filling out and planning for my day in the morning (its easier to stick to), and then going back to eating good monday!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'd be willing to wager that everyone else has done this.

There's no trick to starting fresh. That was then, this is now. Just start again. You can't go back in time...so don't dwell, just move on.

Today is a new day. Make better choices. Easy-peasy.

:flowerforyou:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    OMG yes! I would imagine 99% of us on here have done that multiple times over! And you simply (maybe not so simply) "let it go" and get on with it anew whether it be a Monday morning or a Thursday afternoon! You cannot dwell on what you have done, as it is done. Just say, ok, let me get back on track counting every calorie you eat and logging your exercises. Do NOT try to undereat the next day thinking you are helping yourself; that will not be helpful at all - eat what is required for your body weight, and exercise level and weight loss goals. We all do the best we can, day by day, and some days, hour by hour!!!!!!! Don't feel bad about it; just get over it and continue pressing forward!! You can do it and not to be discouraging, but you will probably have more "bad" days ahead. It happens!
  • Fry24
    Fry24 Posts: 21
    Options
    I went crazy on Sunday. What helps me stay on track is recording everything I eat no matter if it is an off day or not- seeing all of it there (and the #s that go with it) really help me get motivated to make healthier choices the next day.

I think once you have found your real motivation, thinking of that should always help.
  • ssmom
    ssmom Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I ate terribly this weekend also with it being Mother's Day and cookouts, but I am starting fresh this morning because it's worth it to me. I just try to make sure that I get back on track today and include some exercise for help. The worst part for me is the beer--but I just get back on track and by Wed/Thur I start to feel better about myself. And the next time there is a cookout--and there will be plenty more with summer just starting--I will remember today and try to make better choices and drink less. Going a little over is OK with me, but this weekend I went WAY OVER!
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    i did the same thing :(
    i just wrote it all out so i could face it and reminded myself that today is new and i reminded myself of my goal and what i'm going to do to achieve it.
  • marinecpl2
    marinecpl2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just remember, we all have those days. Monday is the beginning of most work weeks, so for me it is the beginning of my "new" week. Let the past stay in the past and look forward. If this was to be easy then we wouldn’t need motivation and support from others.
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Options
    You just do it. It's Monday a new day, new week. Don't do what you did the last week that got you off on the wrong foot. You know what's bad & what you shouldn't have. Were all grown adults here for the most part, lol. You know what needs to be done. Now do it.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    We all have bad weekends......Just start fresh and move forward

There are many bad more weekends to come....makes no sense quitting.....as you get more into it....you will become stronger
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Part of the journey here is falling down once ina while. You just pick yourself back up, dust yourself off can continue on. Don't dwell on what you did, don't beat yourself up. It's over and done with. You'll be much happier to with yourself for getting back on track than if you spent the day beating yourself up. And besides, dwelling on it will only get you down and you'll be more likely to fall down again.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Yep - we've all done this! How to start fresh? With me that starts with water. When I don't eat well - it generally also means that I was way over on sodium and way under on water. So I try to get several bottles of water in first thing in the morning so that I'm "ahead of the game".

Plan your food early in the day and get some good exercise in.

Remember this is your new lifestyle... you can't "fall off" your lifestyle... you can't "cheat" on your lifestyle... Ok, so you had a couple days that you didn't do as much as you normally do - no biggee, incorporate that into your lifestyle and make it work for you. It's SO NOT a big deal! Just move on!
  • carolemsavoie
    Options
    I to have days like these & I to feel bad for myself then I hear other's struggling as well & it makes it not so bad, I pick up back 2 were I need 2 be..... reminding myself that there's always a new day up ahead...........
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I definitely had a bed weekend too! Between the Mother's Day Brunch we typically go to and wedding cake testing this weekend, I know I was WAY OVER on calories!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Just done the same myself...... :angry: BUT have 'forced' myself to exercise and am going to stay under my calorie limit today, tomorrow am going to aim for my goal input and output.

Have joined a couple of groups on here and hope to regulate my tendancy to undo any good work - if it was easy we wouldnt need to diet would we?

I havent even recorded my weight this morning, my next recorded weigh in will be the same as my last "oh dear not lost anything lately!" lol!!!!:laugh:

Good luck, let us forget how crappy we can be and let us be pleased that we are trying to sort out our weight issues! :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Hey,,, you remember that stuff you did that wasn't cool? Ya',,, don't do that anymore....

That's it. Pretty simple really.

<<And forgive yourself when you screw it up - we all do it, it's Ok :blushing: >>.
  • jurgitafit
    jurgitafit Posts: 112
    Options
    Great advice in the comments above. I'd also want to add that once you cheat or eat over your calories on any meal (lunch, dinner, snacks, etc.), don't tell yourself you'll get back on track tomorrow or Monday! Get back to clean eating and counting your calories the very same day for the next meal (when you're hungry) and adjust your meals to make them lighter. Don't sabotage your progress by thinking that if you screwed up one meal, you can eat anything on that day. :noway: :smile:

This is actually exactly the very best trick that skinny people (who are not on any crazy diets) follow-- they know they can participate in parties, be able to have a glass of wine or dessert knowing there is a next day when they are going to eat lighter and not feel guilty about it. :wink: Remember, it's all about the balance and in order to gain 1 pound you need to eat extra 3500 calories. So I hope you didn't eat 35000 calories and did not gain 10 pounds overnight :laugh: So, relax. You are just fine! :happy:
  • ChavezCurse
    ChavezCurse Posts: 29
    Options
    I ate horribly this weekend too, didn't log in my food or get much exercise (unless we count shopping all weekend as exercise :-D). I feel the guilt of course, but I keep going. It's a new week, set some mini goals for yourself and don't beat yourself up. Just keep going.
  • medrewiske
    medrewiske Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This was a really bad weekend for me too. There were so many things going on, and everything revolved around meals, so there were tons of delicious, but very unhealthy foods.

Even though I don't like to see how far I went over my calorie totals on weekends like this, I know its important to see how those kind of meals will affect me (which is shown clearly through the comment that pops up after you complete a daily food entry. Where it says if every day were like today, in 5 weeks you would weight ___.)

I also realized that if I had been entering all of this information daily instead putting in everying this morning from Friday night - Sunday night, I would have been so disgusted that I wouldn't have continued eating the way I did.

Even though its hard, I find motivation for more self control through seeing how what I ate today will affect me down the road, so I really like that assement they give you are the end of the day.

But I also think its important not to get discouraged. Every day is a new opportunity and only you can decide what you will do.
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    Hun - It happens to all of us. Just last week, I went well over 1700 calories over my daily goal. Instead of kicking myself in the *kitten*, I just enjoyed the food and told myself I deserve it now and then and started good the next day. There is no special trick, just gotta do it!!
  • jball042504
    Options
    I always eat poorly on the weekends, but as you biuld habits of choosing better foods it gets easier. A friend of mine says "its not how many times you fall that counts, its how many you get up."