Chocolate cake w/ breakfast for long term weight loss

Options

Replies

• the_green_midget
    the_green_midget Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Weird... I'm not sure I believe it, but it makes for a good headline. Heck, who doesn't want to eat chocolate cake for breakfast?
  • jessimacar
    Options
    Without reading the article, my only opinion is that I like to believe in eating most of your calories in the morning, and fewer in the evening. Technically chocolate cake would help make this happen, but probably not the best decision (albeit the most delicious!)
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    It reminds me of Bill Cosby.

What's wrong with chocolate cake for breakfast? There's Eggs and Milk it in, the basis of a good breakfast.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Bars like Fiber Plus are like eating cake with the high sugar.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I've been waiting for this research to come out - it must be true
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Haha.. I caught the end of Dr. Oz the other day and they were saying the same thing.

So, that being said, I don't believe it.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

What's wrong with chocolate cake for breakfast? There's Eggs and Milk it in, the basis of a good breakfast.

That's exactly where my mind went too!

"Daaaad is great... give us the chocolate cake...!"
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

*slow clap*

The premise since I'm sure some are thinking "tl;dr" is that it helps curb cravings. In the group of participants who didnt eat the cake with their breakfeast, they most often cheated on their diets and gained 40 lbs halfway through the study. The participants who DID eat cake lost an additional 15.

Maybe the cake is a lie.
    *ha!*
  • ctdeanks
    ctdeanks Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Dad is great...give us the chocolate cake!
  • Christizzzle
    Christizzzle Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Haha.. I caught the end of Dr. Oz the other day and they were saying the same thing.

So, that being said, I don't believe it.

Right!
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I feel great about it.
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Idk about chocolate cake for breakfast but I have chocolate oatmeal every day when I get up and if I'm having a bad day even a small portion for an afternoon snack and its really helped calm junk food binging for me
  • dreilingda
    dreilingda Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I did eat a huge piece of chocolate cake for breakfast once. I felt sick all day and didn't eat anything else. So yeah, it worked...
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    If you are going to eat chocolate cake anyways (and it fits in your calorie allotment) it doesn't matter when you eat it.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I would reserve judgement until I had the opportunity to read the actual study.

Here is a link:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0039128X11003515

However, I am not shelling out 40 bucks for the priviledge.
  • ivyana25
    Options
    Id rather not test it out... ill just have to wonder about it.. Sounds too good to be true...

One thing is for sure that for all the sweet tooth people out there i have read in several different health magazines that it is better for us to have a serving of ice cream or a cookie early on in the day than at night ... that will help us with self control during the day, and by eating it early in the day we can burn those calories rather than eating it a lil before we go to sleep. Just FYI...
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I have a Kashi brownie with my yogurt just about every morning. I think it helps curb cravings. It would probably help me lose more if I ate a bigger breakfast with it, but I'm not a morning person, it's a miracle if I can get to work on time in the morning, I'm not waking up any earlier to fit in a real breakfast!
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options

"Dad is great.....Gives us the chocolate cake..."
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Before I do this
    mouse_zps5cd8387b.gif

I do this
    cho_zps575c58e5.gif

There seems to always be a study that shows something bad for you is good!
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    If you are going to eat chocolate cake anyways (and it fits in your calorie allotment) it doesn't matter when you eat it.

Yep! I had a cupcake for breakfast this morning. It was delicious. I am still going to hit my goals for the day easily.

Eating cake is not "bad for you". Eating cake for breakfast is also not "bad for you".