Newbie---Easy as Apple Pie? No Way! EASY AS SIMPLY APPLES!!!

Options
CMomma23
CMomma23 Posts: 132 Member
I've been on here for a while. Several months, off and on. This site REALLY helps. More than anything, it's always been my biggest motivation. So now, I am wanting to motivate others. To inspire others, not only to keep myself on track, but to truly help people that may not know what works. So here I am. I am a wife to the most wonderful husband, he is my protector and provider and gives me all I need in this world. I am mother to 3 beautiful children (for my weight loss story purposes though... I have only had 2 pregnancies. One of my children, I did not conceive or birth, but she is mine nonetheless) Anyway, I am 5'1" and currently weigh 152 lbs. I have always ad issues with weight. I can remember in 7th grade, my mother had me on diet pills (completely different story) But basically, I have always been 'chunky' After giving birth to my first child, I was almost 200 lbs. I experienced a tragedy, and lost most of the weight. (I got down to 145, which again, wasn't 'average' but close enough for me) Then I had my 2nd child. I got back up to almost 180 lbs. I did not anticipate nor want another tragedy, so I decided I had to finally lose the weight ON MY OWN. I am now continuing my journey, because I want to be healthy, something I've never really been before. And I want to share my knowledge with the intentions of learning more...

Over the years, this is what all I have learned...

It's truly all about the math, eat less and move more.

However, you can’t eat TOO LESS….If you simply starve, your body freaks out and stores. When we eat too little, our bodies go into ‘starvation’ mode storing everything we do consume as fat. Eat the right amount and it will help your metabolism to burn stored fat and your current fat intake.
*Never cut out ALL the fat. Our bodies need some fat to burn bad old fat. If our bodies are deprived of fat, again it will store any amount of fat we do put in our bodies, as opposed to burning it off.

Although, you can’t always eat just less of BAD STUFF… You also must remember it's not how much you eat but what you eat.
*Example: You can eat half a snickers bar, and your body takes all that fat and sugar and uses or stores it immediately. You then become hungry a half an hour later. Or you can choose a whole apple which is full of vitamins and minerals that take your body more time to digest. This will keep you fuller longer. Which will lead to less binge eating and more healthier choices.
The better for you, the more you can eat and the more energy you have, resulting in the more fat your body is able to burn.

Many people ask, well what's good for me? What I have learned is that it’s not mad science. It’s simply, well… SIMPLE

If it grows out of the ground and in it's most natural state, it is most likely better for you. Fresh fruits and vegetables are ALWAYS best!

If you must coat it, it will coat you. Covering your meats in tons of sauces for seasonings just add on the fat. Many times, people not only like meat, but our bodies need it, for the protein (unless it’s your life choice to be vegan, than you can fill up on beans) Meat is a great source of protein. Protein builds muscle. Muscle burns fat. Keep it simple...

Chill out on the fast foods and dining out. Keep those as only luxuries, or rewards. It's simple to do... just think, “What did my great great great grandparents have to eat as children?”
*Splurge every now and then, and if you do right, your body can burn that splurge
and it will give you a sense of normality and satisfaction.

EXERCISE. Sure you can lose weight simply by changing eating habits. However, the BEST thing for our bodies is to move. They are designed to move. It’s ok to simply burn and trim the fat. However, it’s so much easier on your body if you have muscle. Add some strength training to your workout and you will see great results. As well as, some new fine lines on your body. *wink*

Exercise is good for you. When you exercise, your body produces many of the chemicals that our brain needs to stay out of depression mode. You may be worn out, tired, sweating, ready to fall on the floor, but, from personal experience… I guarantee that during a cool down with slow deep breaths, you will just feel so good, almost like a natural high and wonderful sense of accomplishment!

I am not a nurse, I am not a doctor. Heck, I am not even skinny myself. However, I have experienced a lot. I’ve been ‘dieting’ off and on since I was 13. I’ve read a lot. I have spent numerous amounts of dollars on many books and magazines telling you how to lose weight. I’ve learned a lot. And, I am now finally taking this opportunity to share with you my knowledge. And maybe even get some more advice and tips. I have lost almost 20 lbs, and I didn’t make an overhaul of my life. Which may not seem like much, but at this point, I look back it was EASY. It was so much easier than choosing a chocolate cream pie or McDonald’s for dinner. Easy as Apple Pie? No way… EASY AS SIMPLY THE APPLES! I only changed up a few things, here and there. I will admit, the last 3 weeks, I have almost stopped and reverted back to my old life. Because I can fit into my clothes now… But it’s not about that any more. I’m determined to lost more weight and simply be healthy to live as long as I can. For my own quality of life, for my husband and for my 3 beautiful children.

Replies

• anneplus4
    anneplus4 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you for a wonderful post.
  • kaydtc
    kaydtc Posts: 48
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that, it is always motivational to read others' stories :smile:
  • RhondaCrombie
    RhondaCrombie Posts: 292
    Options
    Great post!:flowerforyou:
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    That was a great post and so true i have also learned these very things over years and if i just stick with them i will reach my goal weight once and for all. have a great day