Side orders

Options
Hi all,

I have planned to have half of a pizza tonight (I had the other half yesterday) and am wondering what I could have with it. I am having salad for lunch and yesterday I had it with vegetables and a bit of a jacket potato so dont really want this again. Usually I would have chosen wedges and garlic bread but trying to be healthier! My diary is open and as you can see I have quite a few calories left over (almost 500) and I will be doing L2 of 30 DS later. If anyone could think of a good side dish - I typically have carb based food and go over on carbs so would be good to have something different.

Also if anyone has any advice on my diary it would be more than appreciated. For info I am 5 foot 4 and weight 127lbs - trying to get down to 119.

Thanks for any help!

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You say you're having salad for lunch, but there are so many different types! I do weeks only eating salad as a side. Sometimes a regular green salad, sometimes a rocket, goats cheese and pinenut, or a tomato and buffalo mozarella with fresh basil, maybe coleslaw, or a asian style shredded wombok salad with a sesame dressing...
    With pizza, go italian, some fancy lettuce, sundried tomato, some chopped olives, spanish onoin, maybe a chopped baby bocconcini and a zesty balsamic or red wine vinigarette...
  • sophiesummerdiet
    sophiesummerdiet Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a nice idea. I would quite like something warming...any other ideas?
  • Diahann_Hughes
    Diahann_Hughes Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Home made Sweet potato wedges are fab you can put any spice or seasoning on them tooo and they are delish xx
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Looks like you need more protein.

Protein, with a side of protein.
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You say you're having salad for lunch, but there are so many different types! I do weeks only eating salad as a side. Sometimes a regular green salad, sometimes a rocket, goats cheese and pinenut, or a tomato and buffalo mozarella with fresh basil, maybe coleslaw, or a asian style shredded wombok salad with a sesame dressing...
    With pizza, go italian, some fancy lettuce, sundried tomato, some chopped olives, spanish onoin, maybe a chopped baby bocconcini and a zesty balsamic or red wine vinigarette...

Buffalo mozerella! That sounds amazing, where do you find this?
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I have planned to have half of a pizza tonight (I had the other half yesterday) and am wondering what I could have with it. I am having salad for lunch and yesterday I had it with vegetables and a bit of a jacket potato so dont really want this again. Usually I would have chosen wedges and garlic bread but trying to be healthier! My diary is open and as you can see I have quite a few calories left over (almost 500) and I will be doing L2 of 30 DS later. If anyone could think of a good side dish - I typically have carb based food and go over on carbs so would be good to have something different.

Also if anyone has any advice on my diary it would be more than appreciated. For info I am 5 foot 4 and weight 127lbs - trying to get down to 119.

Thanks for any help!

You are going to eat half a pizza but want to know what side option to have with it? Good Lord I am jealous of your metabolism. Where I come from, pizza and chicken wings go together. If you are going to eat a salad on the side, why don't you just make it the main course?
  • MMark2012
    MMark2012 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi, my fiance and I eat a large salad 6 times/week with cinner. Also, every Saturday night is pizza night!:smile: For us, nothing tastes better with pizza than a salad! :):)
    Like someone else stated, you could try different type of salad, maybe all baby spinach, with cherry tomatoes. Or an Boston lettuce with slice raw yellow and red peppers, with a blsamic vinegar. There are so many choices.

If you are bored with salads, then steam some spinach with chopped garlic. or steam mixed veggies(broc., caul. water chestnut with oregano and garlic. All that would go with pizza also(because of the garlic):smile:
    Have fun and experiment with different veggies/and salads to go with your pizza!!!
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Home made Sweet potato wedges are fab you can put any spice or seasoning on them tooo and they are delish xx

^ Oh yum, yes! I was going to suggest potato wedges, but think sweet potato would be even tastier!
  • Diahann_Hughes
    Diahann_Hughes Posts: 58 Member
    Options

^ Oh yum, yes! I was going to suggest potato wedges, but think sweet potato would be even tastier!

They are deffo very yummy x