help

Options
anikab
anikab Posts: 150 Member
I just had my second baby in Feb. and I have yet to get rid of this stupid jiggly belly. I still look at least 4 months pregnant maybe even 5 months. I don't know what to do to get rid of it. are there any other moms out there who had this problem and managed to shed their bellies?

Replies

• tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Cardio, Cardio, Cardio....but the "pouch" never fully goes away. Also stay away from consintrated sweets, like cakes cookies candy pop. You know the good stuff :laugh:
  • anikab
    Options
    I'll be ok with just a small pooch but not looking like I do now, like I'm still pregnant. But I do run everyday for 30mins so I'm hoping that will help shed at least half of the pooch because it's really annoying and makes me wanna hide.
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be so hard on yourself you just had your baby in Feb. When you have more than one child it is harder to get your body back. Give yourself time to tone it down. :smile:
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    my son is almost two and I have yet to shed anything!

I weigh more now than I did when I went into labor.

I am trying so hard but I find it rather difficult!
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Along with cardio, you need a healthy dose of ab workouts to restrengthen those muscles that have been all stretched out, and an even healthier dose of patience. It takes a while for those muscle to draw back in!
  • anikab
    Options
    thanks ladies. I've also been told that just regular sit ups or crunches won't do the trick and might end up making the muscles stick out more? I've read many different things about that but I don't know which is actually true
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    As women, our bodys are just not programmed to bulk up that way. You shouldn't have a problem at all. What's more important is that you train your core evenly. (don't forget your back!!)
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Keep track of those calories and workout hard 4-5 times a week. I have had 2 kids and my belly flab is gone. It is possible.
  • jball042504
    Options
    the 30 day shred is pretty awsome. my wife was the same cardio cardio cardio. its take a while but it will happen don't give up :)
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    the 30 day shred is pretty awsome. my wife was the same cardio cardio cardio. its take a while but it will happen don't give up :)

I forgot to mention the part of it taking a while. It took about a year to seem my ab muscles again. My skin isn't as taut, but I guess I can't expect a perfect abdomen after having 2 kids in 3 yrs.

You'll get there... workout hard and you'll see results.
  • anikab
    Options
    so when you say work out 'hard' what does that consist of? I mean I jog everyday, but that's about all I really get to do with the kids home and such but I was thinking about starting to swim also?
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    Try Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, along w/your running.
  • skatjon
    skatjon Posts: 29
    Options
    Cardio and cut the sugars!!! that will make a huge difference.
  • Fayegill
    Fayegill Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I joined some great new mom fitness groups. We do alot of plank, burpies, jacks for over an hour. The class burns about 400.
    Then I try to walk or run each day - 5k. my belly sucks right now still, but I've lost 55 of the 65 I gained and plan to lose another 20. The best part is I can do the class or walk with baby.

Cut sugars and fat too.
  • anikab
    Options
    I joined some great new mom fitness groups. We do alot of plank, burpies, jacks for over an hour. The class burns about 400.
    Then I try to walk or run each day - 5k. my belly sucks right now still, but I've lost 55 of the 65 I gained and plan to lose another 20. The best part is I can do the class or walk with baby.

Cut sugars and fat too.

Oh yeah I def cut sugars and fat. I'm pretty good with keeping track of what I eat, which is a big step for me because I love candy and sodas but I haven't had any of either for the last 3 weeks so I'm excited about that. I'm gonna look up some exercises online too and see what I can add to my routine. thanks for all the advice everyone!!