NSV last night

Options
Hirgy03
Hirgy03 Posts: 332 Member
So I'm packing a suitcase last night for our upcoming vacation. The weight limit on checked bags is 50 lbs, so I was weighing my suitcase which I'm thinking is pushing the limit since its a fairly good sized thing and was getting pretty heavy. It weighted 35 lbs (which is just below what I've lost now since October). My fiancee smiled as I was putting the thing back on the bed and made a note that it was hard to imagine that I've lost THAT much. All last night and this morning, I couldn't help but keep looking at that bag in amazement with the significance of the loss.

Just thought I'd share, as it feels pretty good right now.

Replies

• jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    It's nice when you can SEE your weight loss....
  • Elisastoll
    Elisastoll Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This is very good!
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    That's really cool! It's crazy how much the weight can add up and we don't even realize it. Amazing job!
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    that's awesome
  • livitup85
    livitup85 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! Thanks for sharing!
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    I hate it when they lose my luggage!

Wait, oh, never mind.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Great NSV.
  • Hirgy03
    Options
    Thanks all. Somebody told me to pick up a 35 lb weight at the gym to show it off, but iron is so compressed and "tidy". I just might take a pic tonight of me carrying the suitcase, just as a little something to remind myself of this moment. I know there is air and all that stuff in it that makes it look that much more, but its still a pretty cool thing to look at and be able to say "I lost that"
  • Inspired2run
    Inspired2run Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • abrewer563
    Options
    That is awesome, congrats!!
  • Snapper1985
    Snapper1985 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    So I'm packing a suitcase last night for our upcoming vacation. The weight limit on checked bags is 50 lbs, so I was weighing my suitcase which I'm thinking is pushing the limit since its a fairly good sized thing and was getting pretty heavy. It weighted 35 lbs (which is just below what I've lost now since October). My fiancee smiled as I was putting the thing back on the bed and made a note that it was hard to imagine that I've lost THAT much. All last night and this morning, I couldn't help but keep looking at that bag in amazement with the significance of the loss.

Just thought I'd share, as it feels pretty good right now.

It's amazing to pick something up that weighs as much as you've lost and wonder how you ever managed with that weight constantly on your body. Case in point, I was at my sister-in-law's house just a few weeks ago and was taking my 3-year-old out for a walk. He weighs right around 3 pounds, which is pretty much exactly what I'd lost since October. Halfway through the 2-mile walk he decides he's done and wants to 'hold my shoulders' (sit on them) so I do. I then walked the last mile essentially weighing my starting weight again and it was torture.

Glad that weight is no longer a constant in my life and looking forward to losing several more small children off my gut this year.
  • Hirgy03
    Options
    Wait a minute, your 3 year old only weighs 3 lbs??? I don't have kids of my own, but that seems AWFULLY small! :wink:
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Great NSV that I can relate to.

Every time I pick up and carry one of our dog food bags (37 pounds each), I think to myself, "damn I've lost this whole bag of dog food and then some!"
  • irenematilda
    irenematilda Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It's incredible how much weight we can carry on our bodies and not really realise what we're doing to ourselves. I was only thinking this morning about when I first got married and used to buy a 55lb sack of potatoes and made it last us all winter. I don't drive and so I always had to beg a lift off of someone whenever I wanted to pick one up, because I'd have had a job getting it to the end of the street on my own, never mind to our house. Yet reading your post it's occurred to me that in recent years I've been carrying the same weight around during every single minute of my day without taking a blind bit of notice - PLUS the weight of a 2lb bag of sugar. Utterly astonishing. No wonder my back has been complaining!

Well done on shedding your luggage weight. Hopefully I'll be able to tell a similar story about my potato weight sometime soon :)
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    You are on a roll!
  • BootyShakingBadAss
    BootyShakingBadAss Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Congrats!
  • tracygolden
    tracygolden Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wonderful and I would definetly take the pic! What can I find that weighs 15 pounds that I could do that with????? Im thinking now!
  • juanatere
    juanatere Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That made me smile. Good way to put all that hard work into perspective huh? Good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!