Getting the kids moving

Options
I need help from people, I need some ideas of how to get my 5yr old son out and about , he lasts like 5mins and then is complaining, i some how need to step it up, because im a single mum i have to take him with me, it won't be so bad once he is back at school but while its holidays i need help!!

Replies

• gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Sounds like maybe he needs some playmates. Day camps?
    Play dates? Mum's days out? Meeting a group in a park so the kids can play?
    He needs to hang around with others. Not always just you.
    Sounds like he needs someone to play With.
    :smile:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem lol. I say my kids are like the energiser bunny - they can go on and on and on and on...... Duracell kids.

Mine are 3 and 1, so possibly like doing slightly different things, although 5 is still pretty young. We can easily spend 4 hours at soft play with both of them climbing and jumping and sliding.

We live right by the sea, so have lots of walks on the seafront, and go to the beach too, although my 1 year old is at that slightly dangerous age!

My son has a scooter which he loves and scoots for ages, and my daughter is just learning to use it too. She's a bit of a tomboy. My son also has a bike, but the scooter is in favour at the moment. My daughter turns 2 in May so we'll get her a bike then they can both go out on them.

The park is also a favourite, they can spend ages there. We've got a lovely park in the next town that has a café with a big grassy area and toys there, and then it has an enclosed play park too.

If you go to any of these places he's sure to meet other kids to play with.
  • tjwolland
    tjwolland Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ok so got the boy a scooter yesterday they had them on sale woop!! so I'm hoping this is going to be the beginning of being able to go out for longer walks. I really wanted to get him into going up through the forests but maybe start small haha, How do you make a walk/hike through the forest exciting for them? any ideas??
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    You could have him carry a salt shaker and tell him that if he salts the animals tail, they'll freeze. It used to entertain ME for HOURS.