Singles Doing It Alone, FIND ME, lets do this!

Options
Ughhh it feels so much harder to be single and overweight trying to accomplish my goals on my own, is it just me?
I feel so envious of those of you who have partner's who'll go out and walk with you, push you, support you, exercise with you... I don't have that. My best friends are married, and I have to make crazy pitches and deals with them just to have someone to hit the gym with every once in a while...
I guess the plus side is that it's empowering, but jeez motivating yourself is so much harder when you do it alone. I'm so grateful for these message boards sometimes!

So if your overweight/have high aspirations for your wellbeing, doing it alone, and need support come find me ... it's tough to struggle, it's even tougher to struggle alone.

Replies

• jsahler2
    jsahler2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I hear you about being single. BUT, I also remember when I was dating a fit guy, it would be difficult to restraint myself from not eating as much as he did. Men have a high metabolism and usually can eat more, even if you are equally active.
    Luckily I have a couple of friends joining me in this "getting fit" area of my life that I've recently taken VERY seriously these past few months. I drag different friends along to different fitness activities, so each won't get sick of me :)
    Join a gym! Do group classes, or even just going to a gym and seeing everyone else working out around you independently seems to motivate me to push myself. I actually don't work out as hard if I go with a friend. Schedule gym time in your week as well as you schedule meals and food.
    There is a running group I used to run with, but as I'm training for this year's half marathon, all of my long runs have been on my own. I have those runs scheduled from now through the race in april. It's sometimes hard to motivate myself to get out the door, but once I'm out, I'm good, and have started to enjoy doing those runs alone. (I like doing my speed workouts with a friend though).
    Also, if you live alone, that may work to your advantage as you can control what exists in your kitchen cupboards. I live with my mom who has tempting foods that I occasionally binge on :/ Still working on controlling that.
    Lastly, you are in the right place! Keep at it!
    I often just come on here to read posts to keep my head in the game!