Heart rate monitor?

Options
Looking for a good one cause I'm not sure if xbox 360 is calculating my burn correctly. Your thoughts on a good one with or without chest band?

Thanks

Replies

• RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    With chest band that is ecg accurate. If you got the money buy a descent pulsar, i didnt got the money so bought something cheaper but fortunate for me it works fine.
  • aeroback
    aeroback Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and love it! very accurate! :)
  • mandiam
    mandiam Posts: 109
    Options
    suunto quest for sure
  • theSassyFitMom
    Options
    I just bought a Polar FT4 today-- Sears has it online for $42-- not sure how long it will be that low... I've read great reviews but have yet to try it.
  • jonisteenhoek
    jonisteenhoek Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT 4. I absolutely love it!! It has a chest strap, but I don't even know it's there!!
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I currently use a Suunto T3D that requires a chest strap. I'm thinking about a new one called mio alpha that doesn't require a chest strap. I'm considering replacing my Suunto.

http://www.alphaheartrate.com/#product

BTW what are you doing with the xbox?
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options

I have the same and it works great!
  • aeroback
    Options
    Zumba Core on xbox..... Love it and since it's 360, it watches me to make sure I am accurate with every step and only gives me points if completely on point.
  • Yvette22Hernandez
    Yvette22Hernandez Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I use the polar ft 4 too. they make sports bras where you can attach the heart rate monitor so you can lose the strap. so far, i've really enjoyed it.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    polar ft7 and i love it!
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I also have a Polar FT7 and I love it. It's one with a chest strap.
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Zumba Core on xbox..... Love it and since it's 360, it watches me to make sure I am accurate with every step and only gives me points if completely on point.

That's cool. I've been doing some of the nike+ on 360. Great workout and like you said, the live feedback is great to correct your form and pace.
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I use the polar ft 4 too. they make sports bras where you can attach the heart rate monitor so you can lose the strap. so far, i've really enjoyed it.

I have the FT4 too and love it. I had no idea that they made sports bras to attach the monitor too! I have got to get one. Thanks!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

I have the same and it works great!

Me too! :smile: Easy to use too.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I recently purchased the Garmin FR70 and premium chest strap. I absolutely love it ! It's comfortable and I seem to try and push myself a little harder when it's on. I love seeing the numbers climb :)
  • aeroback
    Options
    Thanks for everyones thoughts!!!
  • jdsmom0104
    Options
    love my polar ft4
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Polar FT4 today-- Sears has it online for $42-- not sure how long it will be that low... I've read great reviews but have yet to try it.

Thanks for the heads up on this! I was going to buy one tonight on amazon for $70. Just placed my order online and hopefully will pick up on my way home from work--woot!!
    :flowerforyou: