Slow-Carb Eggplant Recipes?

Options
angelaanhela
angelaanhela Posts: 111 Member
Hello!

Im on the slow carb diet (no sugar, no dairy, no carbs) and I am looking for a good eggplant recipe! Maybe an Indian dish that isn't too spicy or has anyone tried to make baked eggplant chips? what about a meat and eggplant lasagna (sadly with only a little layer of cottage cheese)?

Please share your recipes!

Replies

• surfergirl1970
    Options
    Have you tried looking here: http://www.slowcarbrevolution.com/forumdisplay.php/5-Slow-Carb-Diet-Recipes

lots of stuff on there. :happy:
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    i LOVE eggplant. I use it as a pizza base sometimes - slice, top with tomato, herbs, crumbled feta, whatever, and bake. You'll need to experiment with thicknesses and times. I make pasta sauce with it by grating it with courgette and using it in lieu of meat. Japanese style - brushed with miso and grilled - is delicious. baba ghanoush is an eggplant dip that's really yummy esp on wraps and crackers. cut a whole eggplant in half lengthways, microwave steam it until the insides are soft enough to scoop out, and dry pan fry them back up with onion, garlic, tinned tomatoes, herbs, refill the eggplant with the mmixture, top with a little cheese and bake.

Japanese recipes for eggplant (called nasu or nasubi) are plentiful - google!

Also be aware - aubergine is the same thing as eggplant. I'm always surprised how many people don't know that :)
  • angelaanhela
    Options
    Well thank you for letting me know! I didnt know that eggplant was also called aubergine.

Thank you for the ideas! Love baba ghanoush!
  • angelaanhela
    Options
    Oh thank you surfer girl for sharing! Havent seen that site yet.