Does the neck fat go away?

Options
I'm currently 177, something like that anyway, and my neck is just HORRIBLE!:sad:

I started at 201 even and I've lost a load of pounds, but it feels like my neck is just getting bigger?

The question here is: Does neck fat go away along the journey?

This information is HIGHLY ESSENTIAL! Thanks!:happy:

-Jessica

Replies

• LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    yes it does. i've never seen a thin person with a fat neck, unless they are really old, and in that case, it's just loose skin. i doubt your neck is getting bigger. :)
  • RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It will vary person to person on when, how much... but yes it should get thinner the thinner you get. I've lost from 311 down to 180 and lost about 4 in on mine.
  • tinassofit
    Options
    Yep it does. also helps to do some exercises for that... maybe turning the head side to side while doing some cardio and even front ( so that your chin touches your chest) and back. But it does go
  • simplythebaz
    simplythebaz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Take a measurement now, and then again in 4 weeks. Even if it still looks big to you, the tape measure will prove it's shrinking! :)
  • JessTheApple
    Options
    THANKS GUYS! :D
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Take a measurement now, and then again in 4 weeks. Even if it still looks big to you, the tape measure will prove it's shrinking! :)

This! I lost 1/2 inch from my neck in January. It's awesome to see the neck fat dropping off =)
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    The neck is one of the area I wasn't expecting to see a difference. But my family and I have noticed that my neck looks more bony now.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    When I lost a lot of weight, my neck was actually one of the places where all the fat and skin tightened up a surprising amount. Thighs, upper arm, knees, and FUPA skin... that's another story...