Pounds per size

Options
wriglucy
wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
Does anyone know about how many pound you have to lose before you drop a clothing size? I know it's probably different for everyone...just wondering if anyone had heard anything or had any ideas!
Thanks!

Replies

• wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know about how many pound you have to lose before you drop a clothing size? I know it's probably different for everyone...just wondering if anyone had heard anything or had any ideas!
    Thanks!
  • Mairacrg
    Mairacrg Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am measuring this way. I went up 15 pounds and 2 dress sizes. I am using this as my mark.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    hmm that's a good question.. I was kinda wonderin that myself..

I've lost 23lbs an I'm down a size... So for me I was guestimating 20lbs or so. That makes sense? :laugh:
  • sweetlauri70
    Options
    I think it varies...my thin friends can lose 5 pounds and fit into a size smaller clothing...the larger you are, the bigger the gap in clothing size. For instance, I can still wear the same pants (albeit stretchy), and tops that I wore 50pounds ago.
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    I recon 8 - 10% weight loss will be a dress size, based on trousers size i have noticed during my loss...
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I agree - it depends on your height. I'm 5'4 so for me 5 pounds is a size! I still have about 10 pounds to loose and even though that doesn't sound like much it is the difference between two dress sizes! My friends who are taller have way more wiggle room! :wink:
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    i believe it also has a lot to do with muscle mass too cause if you gain muscle you stay around the same weight but be a lot smaller in dress size
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what size. For example you would need to loose a lot less pounds to go from a size 6 to a size 4 and a lot more to go from a size 22 to a size 20. I think there is a 2 inch difference between sizes. I'm not sure of this.....I think that's what my mother told me as she used to make all of our clothes and has helped me alter some.....
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    yeah so if you were 20 stone, 280 lbs an 8 - 10% weight loss is 22 - 28 lbs and i recon thats down a jean size, dress size, what ever.

Based on that the next down size would accure at between a futher loss of 20 - 25 lbs

at a smaller size say 150 lbs, a dress size should be a loss of 12 - 15 lbs

this is really generalised, there are too meny factors to work it out this way but its on the right lines

What you think?

Al
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    generally its 10 lbs per size
    like:
    130lbs = 6
    140 =8
    150 =10
    160 =12
    180=14
    190=16

that is a basic guideline though im @144lbs and i wear 6-10 depending on fabric and brand