Thyroid issues? Please friend request

Options
Hi, I have been on MFP for about 30 days now and looking for other members who are struggling like myself with Hypothyroidism.

If you as well also have this, please add me, it really helps to have support from others who are struggling with this disease too.

I love all my friends on my list that support me everyday and I am also looking for a support network my thyroid issues. Thanks!

Replies

• ginagenie
    Options
    Hi there,

I have not been diagnosed but am convinced I have this as I have too many of the symptoms. My blood has been borderline for the range before now but the doctors do not seem concerned with my symptoms - just the readings!! not very holisitic is it?

I would be very interested in seeing oyur posts anc the support you get as it may help me.

Good luck with your weight loss and keep going :)

Gina :)
  • MichkaMeShell
    MichkaMeShell Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have to take a daily pill for mine! Been on them since I was about 16 and I'm 23 now.
  • kbw414
    kbw414 Posts: 194
    Options
    I currently take medication for hypothyroidism. My TSH levels are normal now, but I still have all the symptoms of hypothyroidism and really, REALLY stubborn weight loss. Feel free to add me; I'd be glad to help support you in any way I can.
  • MollMoll821
    MollMoll821 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm Hypo too. Been dealing with it for years but just recently got on a medication that I don't react badly to thanks to a local compounding pharmacy near me. I tend to go the holistic route but the key (for me at least) to getting it all under control is finding a doctor who looks at MORE than just the TSH. They need to look at your T3 and T4 as well. Along with hormones, adrenals, nutrients and diet. Everything relates to something else. It's all a big circle.
  • BJHornick
    Options
    I also have a thyroid problem and would love to add you to my friends, but I am not sure how to do that. I have only been here for one week and have lot 2.5 lbs.
    BJhornick
  • spaingirl2011
    spaingirl2011 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism here! WE can still do this!
  • halleyg2
    halleyg2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hypo over here! Would love to give and get support from others. Losing weight is a very slow process, unfortunately. But we shall do this!
  • itsmelynn15
    Options
    I was diagnosed three years ago and I take levothyroxine everyday for it. I'm not going to let that stop me from reaching my goal!!! Add me if you like :tongue:
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hypo thyroid and type 1 diabetes here. Seem to go hand in hand. I've been very successful. You're welcome to add me.
  • sschaaf56
    sschaaf56 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Been on Synthroid for 25 years. Post partum hypothyroidism. (That's right, blame the kid). Weight has been a struggle for years. Feel free to add me
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism too! I was diagnosed when I was 11 or 12 (i'm 18 now) and I have to take medication everyday.
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    Hypo here too, feel free to add me :)
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I had mine removed last year, so I guess that makes me hypothyroid. I also have to take medicine every day, There is a group called Hypothyroid and Hyperthyroid that has great information. Feel free to add me
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    hiya

living with hypothyroidism but not struggling with it because i'm on top of treatment. I know it's rough when the pieces aren't falling into place too so feel free to chat/ask xx
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Been on Synthroid for 25 years. Post partum hypothyroidism. (That's right, blame the kid). Weight has been a struggle for years. Feel free to add me

It's actually very common for women with previously-unrealized hypothyroid to have it come up during/after pregnancy!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I have this too, along with lupus. Add me if you like!
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism as well. I don't seem to be having an issue with weight loss just yet, but it would be great to speak to someone who has the same condition!! Add me :)
  • pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I was hypo and felt sluggish for years; I was diagnosed in 2003. I started working out a lot - five days a week, lots of cardio and heavy weights. I went to get my metabolism tested because I wanted to know what my calorie goals should be...turns out my metabolism is now slightly above average; the nutritionist told me that it was probably a result of all the exercise. So, keep working at it. Lots of exercise is key :)
  • healthy_fit_me
    healthy_fit_me Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My thyroid levels are FINALLY normal with the right combo of medication. I now have to take a different dose every day, but whatever works! Feel free to add me :)
  • fattyfatty_2x4
    Options
    I also have hypothyrodism and have been on levo for about four or five years now. My doctor has me checked every six months and it continues to stay stable, thank goodness! I hear of many horror stories of being unable to stabalize the levels and much worse. I have just joined as well, fell free to add me :)