Could use someone to hold me accountable

Options
I am a 30 year old female looking for someone to help hold me accountable. I generally eat well, but for the past few years have been in a bad cycle of binge eating. I am not over weight and only looking to lose a few pound and maintain, but I am more worried about the emotional loss of control that occurs when I binge. Anyone have a similar story, yet of success, and willing to offer their experience to help me through this?
Thanks.

Replies

• jessjoye
    jessjoye Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I used to be that person that joked if no one saw me eat it then the calories didn't count! Well that doesn't work, trust me... I really just found my inner strength, what really matters to me and it is my health, showing to my daughters the propper way to eat and that what you eat does matter. I hold myself accountable and refuse to binge on anything. I AM IN CONTROL OF MY BODY!

If you want a friend, I can be there for you :)
  • Francesca941
    Options
    I have been finding that the more people I friend that are active loggers the more involved I feel and having my diary Open to all my friends also helps. I also stipulate to myself that I can't lie on MFP (as much as I want to sometimes)...it truly helps!
    I'd love to friend you and help cheer you on/hold you accountable! =)
    Add me!
  • nemelkb
    Options
    You both are so great! Thank you so much. I would love the support of some strong females like you. I am new to this website and not sure what the next step is, so just let me know....I can make my food diary public or visible to you guys?
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    There is a binge eating forum here that you might find helpful, and it is very active and very motivating.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/726-binge-eating-support-group

I have issues with binging as well. And also am not overweight.
  • nemelkb
    Options
    Thanks so much. I appreciate the info.
  • coke_bottle
    coke_bottle Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I got your back girl!!!! Feel free to add me:)
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Im on the same boat. Weekends are the worst for me.